Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 AM

6 posts, read 10,595 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking to move to Greenville Sc area and wanted to know what areas are best to live in. I will be moving w/ my 2 kids (6 & 7 yrs old) so I want it to be in an area w/ good schools. I need it to be on the cheaper side also, rent no more than 700/month..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 03:50 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,093,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlord420 View Post
Hello, I am looking to move to Greenville Sc area and wanted to know what areas are best to live in. I will be moving w/ my 2 kids (6 & 7 yrs old) so I want it to be in an area w/ good schools. I need it to be on the cheaper side also, rent no more than 700/month..
There are plenty of safe areas. I would say to stick to the suburbs. You will be able to find places no more than $700. I think in your price range, you'll have more luck in Greer Taylors or Travelers Rest, maybe Simpsonville. The further you go out from Greenville, the less the rent will be. All those areas have good schools for the most part. Once you narrow some places down, check the schools then. I also suggest to live by work if you can.

Good luck!

Old 08-31-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Down View Post
Actually further out from Greenville, rents go higher b/c the apartments will be newer and nicer. Apartment rents tend to be lower in the midtown areas around North Street and Haywood.
That's a decent area as well. I do agree with newer places being more expensive but there a plenty other places being apartments, houses and trailers in the OP's price range.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:02 PM

Are there any certain areas of town to stay away from? I am moving from out of state so I have no clue about the area.. I don't mind living on the outside of town I just want to be within a 30 min drive to things to do.. We are a very active family so I like the Falls Park and being able to ride on bikes on the bike trails.. I'm coming up in October for a weekend to look around and just want an idea before we come up.. If there are any names of apartment complexes for us to look at that would be great!

Old 08-31-2014, 05:19 PM

Ok thanks so much!!!

Old 08-31-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlord420 View Post
Ok thanks so much!!!
Taylors or Greer as fine as well. I live in Taylors and I'm only 7 miles from downtown. When we moved here, we lived right off Wade Hampton in Taylors. We rented a small house for $750/mo. The Granite apartments are right around the corner from me and they have 2 bedroom apartments for $700/mo. The Granite at Taylors - Availability, Floor Plans & Pricing
It is safe in this area.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/apa/4609995432.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/apa/4633034726.html

If the OP doesn't mind living in a trailer on an acre, here's one for $500/mo.
http://greenville.craigslist.org/apa/4606366572.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/apa/4639378298.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/apa/4646015514.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/apa/4607850174.html

Just some examples

Agreed to stay away from the west side of Greenville.

Last edited by beckycat; 08-31-2014 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 08:41 PM

696 posts, read 1,336,769 times
Another vote for Taylors. When we moved to the area we found a smallish 3 bedroom ranch style house in Taylors near Wade Hampton High School for $500 per month that was in a quiet neighborhood. That suited us just fine until we became more permanently settled. What worked for us was to drive around and look for "For Rent" signs planted by individual owners. You can always try to barter a bit with individuals, too, especially if you have good credit, references, and/or rental history.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
Another vote for Taylors. When we moved to the area we found a smallish 3 bedroom ranch style house in Taylors near Wade Hampton High School for $500 per month that was in a quiet neighborhood. That suited us just fine until we became more permanently settled. What worked for us was to drive around and look for "For Rent" signs planted by individual owners. You can always try to barter a bit with individuals, too, especially if you have good credit, references, and/or rental history.
Another good thing about Taylors that we like is the location for sure. It's in between downtown Greenville and downtown Greer. Everything we need for the most part is right on Wade Hampton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area