Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,947 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone I just moved to the Greenville area from Columbus, Ohio and I'm a huge Bengals fan. I was wondering if there any Bengals bars to go and watch the Bengals games on Sundays. I've heard Bailey's has alot of Bengals fans but haven't been there. Anyone have any suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 05:41 AM

24 posts, read 34,221 times
I've never seen any Bengals bars in the upstate, however most bars have fans of many different teams. The majority are....wait for it.....Steeler fans (myself included). Baileys used to be a huge Steeler hang out and still is to a point, but a lot of them moved to the Carolina Ale house on the dreaded woodruff road. While you may not see a majority of Bengals fans in any particular bar, you'll see other Bengals fans at nearly all of them. Haven't been to Baileys in a while as the Ale House (downtown and woodruff) are more fun to me. Food is better too in my opinion. Quaker Steak and Lube is another that is a good place to watch games on Sunday, but again its primarily Steeler fans.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:01 AM

292 posts, read 344,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conky View Post
I've never seen any Bengals bars in the upstate, however most bars have fans of many different teams. The majority are....wait for it.....Steeler fans (myself included). Baileys used to be a huge Steeler hang out and still is to a point, but a lot of them moved to the Carolina Ale house on the dreaded woodruff road. While you may not see a majority of Bengals fans in any particular bar, you'll see other Bengals fans at nearly all of them. Haven't been to Baileys in a while as the Ale House (downtown and woodruff) are more fun to me. Food is better too in my opinion. Quaker Steak and Lube is another that is a good place to watch games on Sunday, but again its primarily Steeler fans.
I would think Buffalo Wild Wings would also be a place to catch all of the NFL games.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:22 AM

192 posts, read 429,369 times
For anyone interested in a private venue, we have a sports bar in our basement. We're avid Green Bay fans and try to open up our bar whenever GB plays Sunday day games.

We have Bears fans who are pretty regular and a Chiefs fan who will likely be around a lot. One of our neighbors is around for a Pittsburgh game from time to time.

We can watch 4 games at one time, so we're usually able to accommodate most fans.

We're in the Taylors/Greer area. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
Default yeesh

Why are there so many people from Ohio in South Carolina? Is this the only place 'Buckeyes' are allowed to move or vacation?

Even worse in Hilton Head.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,707 times
Default Bengals at Mac's Speed Shop

we used to go to Ale House downtown but have now switched to Mac's Speed Shop and recruiting Bengal fans to join.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 11,081 times
I thought the bars were clsed on sunday's??

Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM

39 posts, read 82,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bneill View Post
we used to go to Ale House downtown but have now switched to Mac's Speed Shop and recruiting Bengal fans to join.
WHO-DEY!!! I know where I'll try to be on Sundays now!

Old 10-29-2014, 02:19 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYM View Post
I thought the bars were clsed on sunday's??
Not in Greenville. Outside in some areas, they have to be private to be open. Chief's is another place to watch the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area