Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 17,559 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to relocate to SC from PA. We have a small business that we can take with us. We're looking for better weather and getting closer to my Mother who's ailing. We want to live in an area that provides us with a small town feeling but offers good restaurants, nightlife and good business opportunities. Is that Greenville, SC??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,915 times
could be, some like it for those reasons

Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
greenville did not give me a small town feel. that is one of the reasons I like it. don't let the population of the city fool you. the metro area is well over 600,000 people and it is by FAR the largest city in SC. I went there this past weekend and loved it!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM

511 posts, read 1,523,300 times
Try some of the smaller towns like Easley, Dacusville, Travelers Rest, Mauldin or Simpsonville. Smaller town feel but quick to get to Greenville & all it has to offer.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,805 times
While the suburban towns surrounding Greenville, SC can offer a "small town" feel, they still have big city traffic.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,388,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erussell26 View Post
My husband and I are looking to relocate to SC from PA. We have a small business that we can take with us. We're looking for better weather and getting closer to my Mother who's ailing. We want to live in an area that provides us with a small town feeling but offers good restaurants, nightlife and good business opportunities. Is that Greenville, SC??
The only element in your criteria that will require personal confirmation by you alone is the "small town feeling" part. I hear many people say that about Greenville, so there must be something to it, though it is difficult to ignore the fact that this city is the epicenter of the most populated region in the state. I highly recommend visiting downtown Greenville to see if it indeed feels "small town" enough for you. While in town, be sure to visit other places like Greer, Easley-Powdersville, Travelers Rest, Simpsonville, Fountain Inn, Clemson, and Anderson. The city of Greenville has great dining and nightlife, and the metro area overall is a wonderful place to be in business.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 12,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erussell26 View Post
Where in PA are you from. I am from Northern NJ and can probably relate. I am a realtor here in Greenville/Spartanburg and the specific towns around Greenville are very diverse. What exactly do you mean by small town feeling? If you are from the Philli area anywhere around Greenville/Spartanburg are going to feel "small town". But if your from Dingmans Ferry, it might feel like a big city. LOL. Like I said, I am from the farm area's of Jersey. I like towns like Boiling Springs or Greer because they are 15 to 30 minutes from the city of Greenville which has diverse restaurants, nightlife and business but is rural. A lot of subdivisions with families, small businesses and good schools. Yes we have a WalMart, fast food and grocerie stores with in a mile of our home so to me, It is the best of all worlds. But consider I came from a town where I drove 1 hr to work, 20min for groceries, 30min to the mall, and 20 min to the nearest McDonalds. If you ran out of milk at 7:30pm, oh well, the deli's were closed. I would love to help you discover everything Greenville/Spartanburg has to offer. Please feel free to email me [email]annamariecg@gmail.com[/email]

Old 04-30-2010, 09:57 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,845,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
While the suburban towns surrounding Greenville, SC can offer a "small town" feel, they still have big city traffic.
I don't really agree with that, having lived in Pittsburgh PA, Rochester, NY, Buffalo NY, Columbus, ohio and the outskirts of Washington DC, I think our traffic, while it can sometimes be annoying, is nothing compared to big city traffic. But honestly ts all relative, I think you have to experience it to understand how it will effect you daily

Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM

45 posts, read 114,015 times
Can anyone please give me information on Easley??? We have not visited but have been approached about a possible swap and would like any info we can get!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,552,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myaustin55 View Post
Can anyone please give me information on Easley??? We have not visited but have been approached about a possible swap and would like any info we can get!!!
It's definitely on its way up. I see Easley as a smaller counterpart to Greer, only on the west side of Greenville. It has a cute, small downtown area that is being upgraded with a new park and streetscaping, has a loft condo building and lovely old neighborhoods along with new-build neighborhoods. It has all the conveniences, and they're building a new "power center" type shopping center on Hwy 153 heading into town from Greenville. If schools are a concern, someone else will have to give info on that, as I'm not familiar (no kids).

It's also about 20 min closer to Clemson than Greenville is, and has easy access to the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area