Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 07:37 PM

4 posts, read 7,166 times

Advertisements

moving to Greenville, SC and thinking of buying a house in Duncan, SC. would love some feedback on the area and and Abner Creek Elementary.. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:32 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Duncan is a great community. It has many industries located along and off East Main Street (South Carolina Highway 290). Most restaurants and truck stop centers will be near Interstate 85. Newer residential communities are around the Poplar Springs community area with Reidville Road (South Carolina Highway 296).

The Town of Duncan is one of three corporations adjacent to each other; the others are the Town of Lyman and the City of Wellford. Startex is unincorporated.

Abner Creek Academy, a Spartanburg County School District Five school, is an elementary school for students in kindergarten through fourth grade. It has a magnet program concentrating on communication and the arts.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:21 PM

43 posts, read 67,825 times
What about Duncan peaks your interest? Will you be working nearby?

Duncan is a nice small town, but there are areas that I think are a bit nicer.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:28 PM

will be working near exit 51 (I85)woodruff rd and found a few houses in Duncan that we like

Old 01-08-2015, 07:00 AM

43 posts, read 67,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23sc View Post
will be working near exit 51 (I85)woodruff rd and found a few houses in Duncan that we like
Take a look a Greer near S Batesville Rd. This area is really nice and just a short distance from I85. Even Greer up towards Taylors is close enough (10 minutes or so). And Pelham has some nice homes in the area.

We live in Greer near Taylors and love it. It's convenient to everything, has a beautiful downtown, and is 15 minutes from downtown Greenville. There is a wide range of home price ranges represented in Greer, so most likely you can find something you love.

Are you planning on renting or buying?

Old 01-08-2015, 12:44 PM

greer area is expansive. Duncan will be a little bit cheaper.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:47 PM

we just put an offer on the house

Old 01-09-2015, 01:19 PM

97 posts, read 160,376 times
PS Duncan is in Spartanburg County not Greenville just FYI.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:21 PM

97 posts, read 160,376 times
Anyways..high school football is big, not sure if that's your thing. Easy to get to Greenville and Spartanburg city limits as you are about equidistant to both. Also Greer is growing too and you are very close to that as well. They have a nice "dowtown" area as well.

As far as Duncan Duncan there isn't really anything there besides the high school and a little bitty town area. Nice golf course though and Ingles and Publix. That's about it besides some food joints.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM

6 posts, read 10,742 times
Duncan is a VERY small town and very rural but decent. You will most likely end up commuting to Spartanburg or Greenville to anything recreational to do. I don't know about that particular elementary school. But my younger siblings go to Spartanburg County Schools district 6. My personal opinion are the public schools in Spartanburg are not good as Greenville County schools. My sister middle school was almost 100 years old and the her advanced placement classes she was enrolled in Greenville wasn't available at the Spartanburg school. It just isn't the same quality of education as Greenville . They seem put more money into the high schools whereas, the middle and elementary schools are very outdated and run down. For example, my brother's elementary school didn't have a playground only basketball court outside. Yet, Dormon High school is like a mini college campus for high school students. This was my family's experience with Spartanburg Co. School Discrict 6 but other districts in Spartanburg may potentially be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area