Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times

Advertisements

Wondering if there's a place similar to where we use to go when we lived in FL for glasses???

The place we went to had complete single vision glasses for $29.99, lens & frame, good selection and glasses were ready in about a week. Just took your prescription there, pick out the frames, and you got a great pair of glasses, cheap. Was great!

I was surprised when a friend went to get her eyes examined and purchased her glasses at the vision center and after all the discounts and insurance still paid $190. I thought the glasses were way over price.

Even the bifocals at the place we went to weren't much $69.99

Are there any places like this in the immediate area?

Our insurance covers an eye exam and a free pair of glasses but I'd like to get an additional pair just in case I lose one (which I've done recently).

Now, to find a good eye doctor in the area that takes my insurance (BCBS)

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,724 times
You might try America's Best on Woodruff Rd. I also saw a ad in the paper the other day for Vision Work's. They were offering 2 pr. for $99. Sorry, I don't know all the details. I am sure you can look both of them up on the Internet. I gave up and just started buying reading glasses since that's the only time I use them. I lost a nice pair (400.00) and that was it for me. 4 packs @Sams. LOL.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 AM

9,502 posts, read 9,816,320 times
You may be speaking of America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. It's a national chain, with one across from the Haywood Mall behind City Range Grill. Their reviews are mixed however.

You can also look at Walmart, Sam's Club and Costco. They are have decent eye exam rates and low priced glasses. And there are plenty of options on-line also, where you send in your prescription and get glasses for very low rates (mostly from China, but they get good reviews).

Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
Thanks, I've heard (and read the mixed reviews) of America's Best and hoped there were other options. May look at Walmart, not a member of Sams or Costco but maybe I can piggy back on one of my friends cards for one time.

I've seen great deals on linek some as low as $3.99, but I've gotta try them on, I couldn't buy a pair without doing so.

If I find something myself, I'll update the thread.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:19 PM

461 posts, read 985,429 times
I 2nd Stanton. I was quite surprised at the selection and cost.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:57 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,163 times
Costco

Old 05-09-2015, 05:58 PM

251 posts, read 951,110 times
If you don't mind getting them online zennioptical.com has rx glasses starting at $6.99 plus $4.95 for shipping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area