Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 07:45 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,221,025 times

Advertisements

We live in Easley and spent half a day downtown today being "tourists" right here at home.We drive into town on Easley Bridge Road/123.There are parts of Dunean/Judson that are a mere half mile from the best downtown addresses.Just about the only stark dividing line such as this might be to the north or South of Line Street in Charleston.Someting has to give here.They aren't making anymore real estate that close to downtown.Where this area going to be in ten years?My guess might be that the dam will break when a developer steps up does SOMETHING with the old Milliken/Judson site.I could see the ball rolling quickly after that with infill.Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 08:13 PM

94 posts, read 111,744 times
I live in Dunean right now. The change is already happening. Young couples are moving in, buying up the old mill cottages, and renovating them. There is also a developer, who happens to be living right next to me, who bought up A LOT of houses in the neighborhood and is renovating them and flipping them. Their work isn't the greatest, but it is happening. I would say that the thing keeping it from going into full gentrification mode is that being this close to downtown, rent prices are actually pretty high, so the landlords probably don't see much of a reason to sell those rentals. They are making a killing.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:35 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,221,025 times
That's great to hear! Even as a rock ribbed conservative, I've never been comfortable with a extreme gentrification thing that is going on in Charleston.I can count on two hands my family that lived and worked at Dunean.Somebody has got a pic of my wife's uncle with his arm around Joe Jackson, with big smiles on their faces when he was still playing textile ball.Things just need to get better for everybody, but do clean that crap out of your front yard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area