Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 09:53 AM

94 posts, read 111,557 times

Advertisements

As the title says, looking for recs for car A/C repair. I live S of downtown Greenville, so would prefer to keep it close to here, but will take recs for other areas if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 04:58 PM

77 posts, read 110,750 times
I had a good experience with North Hills Auto at 1428 Augusta St, Greenville, SC 29605, (864) 233-9002

Old 08-16-2016, 06:51 PM

266 posts, read 301,859 times
All I can say is choose wisely. A good shop can find a failure pretty quick. But if you have a slow leak in the refrigeration system, before you spend $800 on a evaporator have them evacuate and recharge and add some dye to the system. Next year when it is low again the leak will be evident.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:06 PM

94 posts, read 111,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
All I can say is choose wisely. A good shop can find a failure pretty quick. But if you have a slow leak in the refrigeration system, before you spend $800 on a evaporator have them evacuate and recharge and add some dye to the system. Next year when it is low again the leak will be evident.
Thanks. that is exactly what I did. I ended up taking it to WN Watson downtown on Washington. They found that there was hardly any Freon in it, so they refilled and added dye. I'm supposed to go back in a week or two so they can check it.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:00 PM

723 posts, read 1,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
Thanks. that is exactly what I did. I ended up taking it to WN Watson downtown on Washington. They found that there was hardly any Freon in it, so they refilled and added dye. I'm supposed to go back in a week or two so they can check it.
I've also had good auto air conditioning from W.N. Watson. I recommend them highly.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:14 PM

266 posts, read 301,859 times
I did not want to post that is what I do for a living, but you made the right choice. Shops with electronic leak detectors are clueless. You can breathe into the end of one and it will sound off. They stick it in your vent and turn the blower on and guess what, it beeps. Looking for oil residue around hoses, compressor and condenser first is the way to go. If you see no sings, put dye in the system and recheck once it is low again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area