Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:08 PM

19 posts, read 23,282 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody :-)

We are thinking about moving with our horses to SC.
We thought being close to Greenville would definitely be great.
We are looking at a few properties between Woodruff and Fountain Inn.

Could you give us an idea whether burglary, break&enter, theft, home invasions are a concern there ?
We are a multigeneration family so we would have a larger house, does that draw more crime than smaller properties ?
Anything else we would have to watch out for ?
How bad are bugs in this area ?

THANKS for your help !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 11:52 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Are you leaning toward Woodruff and Spartanburg County or Fountain Inn and Greenville County?

Old 02-16-2017, 04:09 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Can I assume you mean in the 418 area? Not very far from me at all! I can honestly say I have never heard anything about there being a "high crime" area over that way. Not saying there isn't, but Ive never heard of anything.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:51 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but worth looking at.

LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

If we don't get some cold spells here the bugs may be a major problem this year!

Old 02-16-2017, 10:30 AM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
I live on the Gray Court side.. There's really no major crime to mention that I've seen.

Now, when I say that, i'm talking property crimes.. Burglaries, things of that nature.

What DOES tend to happen more frequently in those areas, because they are so rural.. You'll hear a whole lot of choppers overhead as they're searching for pot fields and meth labs.

We do tend to have a fair number of those. But, they leave people alone for the most part. And it is so rural, you'll hear the explosion but that's about all.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:54 AM

79 posts, read 79,668 times
Just park an old police car on your property, works great!

Old 02-16-2017, 12:41 PM

5,675 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I live on the Gray Court side.. There's really no major crime to mention that I've seen.

Now, when I say that, i'm talking property crimes.. Burglaries, things of that nature.

What DOES tend to happen more frequently in those areas, because they are so rural.. You'll hear a whole lot of choppers overhead as they're searching for pot fields and meth labs.

We do tend to have a fair number of those. But, they leave people alone for the most part. And it is so rural, you'll hear the explosion but that's about all.
I can honestly say on my side of Gray Court, which is actually closer to Woodruff and Spartanburg county than Gray Court, I have only seen that once, and it was over my woods! Had someone using a good flat spot in my woods to grow like 30 plants. Ive heard of more meth problems in the Friendship church area of 101 and Friendship church road than any where.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:59 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I can honestly say on my side of Gray Court, which is actually closer to Woodruff and Spartanburg county than Gray Court, I have only seen that once, and it was over my woods! Had someone using a good flat spot in my woods to grow like 30 plants. Ive heard of more meth problems in the Friendship church area of 101 and Friendship church road than any where.
They fly over my property off Sawmill frequently.

Now, I'm assuming that's what they're looking for.. But I will agree with you that generally when you hear about something.. 101 is involved.. One way or another.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 PM

the area border line Laurens county/Greenville county, along Knighton Chapel Road , if you draw a line from Woodruff to Fountain Inn, somewhere in the middle. I heard around Woodruff it is very bad and Fountain Inn would be very safe ? Thanks

Old 02-17-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
Just park an old police car on your property, works great!
This is great !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area