Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 03:00 PM

719 posts, read 1,060,869 times

Advertisements

I am in the Seneca area and I need a place that's good for a group of 10 to 15 people.It doesn't have to be really quiet , just so you can carry on a conversation without having to shout. We went to Liberty Tap Room on South Main this past Sunday but we got hit with all the close by parking areas charging event parking ($10) so we thought a spot on North Main or close by North Main might be better to avoid event parking.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by senecaman; 04-13-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM

826 posts, read 1,128,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senecaman View Post
I am in the Seneca area and I need a place that's good for a group of 10 to 15 people.It doesn't have to be really quiet , just so you can carry on a conversation without having to shout. We went to Liberty Tap Room on South Main this past Sunday but we got hit with all the close by parking areas charging event parking ($10) so we thought a spot on North Main or close by North Main might be better to avoid event parking.Any ideas would be appreciated.
Barleys would be the first thing to come to mind. Long rows of tables and good pizza. Lots of parking nearby some of it free if it's the weekend. But I don't think they have a full bar just craft & import beers. (No bud light and no liquor). They might have a small selection of wine but I'm not 100% sure. They take reservations except on Friday and Saturday nights.

Carolina Ale House also would also fit the bill especially if you want a full bar.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Barleys would be the first thing to come to mind. Long rows of tables and good pizza. Lots of parking nearby some of it free if it's the weekend. But I don't think they have a full bar just craft & import beers. (No bud light and no liquor). They might have a small selection of wine but I'm not 100% sure. They take reservations except on Friday and Saturday nights.

Carolina Ale House also would also fit the bill especially if you want a full bar.
Thanks for those ideas!

Is the Carolina Ale House crowded on Sundays?This would be around 4:30.
The same for Barleys.What's it like on Sunday afternoon?

Last edited by senecaman; 04-13-2017 at 05:01 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 04:22 PM

Is The Cazbah on West McBee Avenue good for groups?Also this would be at late afternoon /early evening on a Sunday.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:19 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,767,724 times
Ink n Ivy should be able to take a group like that because they have multiple floors as a resource. Carolina Ale House should be OK unless there is a major sports event on TV - I don't recall any on Easter.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Ink n Ivy should be able to take a group like that because they have multiple floors as a resource. Carolina Ale House should be OK unless there is a major sports event on TV - I don't recall any on Easter.
Thank you ! I will definitely look at Ink n Ivy.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:30 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,089,923 times
Cazbah is going to be too small. Carolina Ale House is a good option. They have rooftop seating. Sticky Fingers, Trappe Door, Velow Fellow and Wild Wings come to mind as well. Too many options You don't have to pay to park at those expensive lots. You can find on street parking or park at one of the banks or businesses that are closed. (As long as it doesn't say no parking) Also, some of the parking garages are free on weekends. I know the Richardson St garage is one. You can also park at County Square free and take the trolley for free. Just be sure to check the hours that it runs. http://www.greenvillesc.gov/597/Trolley

Last edited by beckycat; 04-13-2017 at 08:41 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Cazbah is going to be too small. Carolina Ale House is a good option. They have rooftop seating. Sticky Fingers, Trappe Door, Velow Fellow and Wild Wings come to mind as well. Too many options You don't have to pay to park at those expensive lots. You can find on street parking or park at one of the banks or businesses that are closed. (As long as it doesn't say no parking) Also, some of the parking garages are free on weekends. I know the Richardson St garage is one. You can also park at County Square free and take the trolley for free. Just be sure to check the hours that it runs. Trolley | Greenville, SC - Official Website
Thanks for the info! I chose Carolina Ale House for our next social meeting.We had been there once on a Sunday afternoon but it was so loud but that was on a day when the South Carolina Basketball Team was playing in the tournament .Hopefully the next time it won't be as loud on a Sunday. I would go back to the Liberty Tap Room , which I like, but the Greenville Drive will be playing on the day of our meeting and we would run into having to pay event parking again on South Main St.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:22 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,051,481 times
Check out The Roost on N Main.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
Check out The Roost on N Main.
I changed my mind and decided to go with Roost for our social meeting instead of Carolina Ale House but can you tell me more about Roost.I am hoping it's good for a group that's a little older that want to be able to carry on a conversation.One thing I can say is that many members of the group do appreciate a good beer list.

Last edited by senecaman; 04-14-2017 at 03:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area