Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 12:20 PM

348 posts, read 497,778 times

Advertisements

How do you Live Stream Radio Station Lite FM 96.9? I really don't want to fool around with all of these add on's. Is there an easy way to stream this station to my computer? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 07:42 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,877,727 times
If you go to their website and just click "listen" you can get the live stream. No add-on required when I tried it.
Lite Rock 96.9

Old 04-29-2017, 09:03 PM

958 posts, read 2,623,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
If you go to their website and just click "listen" you can get the live stream. No add-on required when I tried it.
Lite Rock 96.9
That's Lite Rock 96.9 from Atlantic City. Wrong station.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
That's Lite Rock 96.9 from Atlantic City. Wrong station.
LOL, sorry! Good music though!

Old 05-01-2017, 12:55 PM

5,168 posts, read 7,383,636 times
Lite 96.9 is a low power station operated by WGTK that basically only reaches Greenville County and perhaps parts of the neighboring counties. It basically blocks the signal from 96.9 Kat Country in Charlotte which used to come in on your home radio receiver.

The FCC is jamming the dial with low power stations with limited coverage that only create mutual interference and block full power distant signals. Worst case is 107.9-WLNK from Charlotte which used to come in clear, as well as 102.9 the Lake from Charlotte. Also 97.1 from Atlanta used to come in clear, but now it is ESPN radio from Spartanburg.

Unfortunately car reception has become very problematic as the dial is now overpacked with low power signals interfering with the full power stations. But fortunately a good home radio receiver connected to a rabbit ears antenna will pull in most channels clearly. At my house I get 107.9-WLNK clearly and the HD signal also locks in, which pulls in WBT and WFNZ.

Even better, a large VHF antenna or FM antenna outside or in the attic will still get distant radio reception, including 95.1, 96.1, and 107.9 from Charlotte and 97.5 from Columbia. But unfortunately variety hits 102.9-WLKO from Charlotte is pretty much jammed out by the Hispanic station subleased by WGTK. Gone are the days when the FCC would protect the fringe contours of full power distant stations which can come in clear up to 100 miles depending upon location and terrain.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:34 PM

Aha- that explains why I can't get anything good on the radio! I usually end up listening to npr. Occasioanlly I can get 103.1, which has some good music, but most of the time I cannot find anything at all to listen to! Miss my Raleigh stations; one of them had some really funny nonsense during the morning drive time. I paid for 6 months of Sirius on one of the cars, which I love, but I will cancel it after the price goes up.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:26 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,782,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The FCC is jamming the dial with low power stations with limited coverage that only create mutual interference and block full power distant signals. Worst case is 107.9-WLNK from Charlotte which used to come in clear, as well as 102.9 the Lake from Charlotte. Also 97.1 from Atlanta used to come in clear, but now it is ESPN radio from Spartanburg.
This has become a huge problem in Athens, GA too. Athens is on the eastern fringe of several high-power Atlanta radio stations, and the signals from those stations are still reasonably clear outside of a few areas near downtown Athens and the University of Georgia, but there are now three Atlanta radio stations that get adjacent-channel interference bleeding in from local low-power stations.

Power 96.1 (WKLS, 96.1FM) has a decent signal in the Athens area, but there's a low-power 96.3 FM producing interference on the west side of Athens. B98.5 (WSB, 98.5 FM) has a stronger signal, but there's now a low-power 98.7 FM that's just an FM simulcast of a local AM News/Talk station that interferes with B98.5 in the "Five Points" area of town. Worst of all, 92.9 The Game (WZGC, 92.9 FM) has a strong signal, but has been rendered completely unlistenable on the east side of town due to interference from a low-power 92.7 FM.

More relevant to Greenville/Spartanburg, 93.3 The Planet (WTPT, 93.3 FM) has a decent signal in the Toccoa area, but there's a lot of interference from 93.1 FM, which is an FM simulcast of a local AM News/Talk station.

This phenomenon is another example of the government going "by the book" with some measurement and never analyzing the situation in real life. According to their measurements, transmitter power from Atlanta radio stations is supposed to be weak in Athens, but in real life it's not, so these low-power local stations on adjacent frequencies only ruin an otherwise good listening experience.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 PM

24 posts, read 32,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuguy2 View Post
How do you Live Stream Radio Station Lite FM 96.9? I really don't want to fool around with all of these add on's. Is there an easy way to stream this station to my computer? Thanks.
It's also 94.5 HD-3. A weird mix of music, for sure, but I like it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area