Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 572 times

Advertisements

Try Slightly Different Nursery (Google for website). It's a good drive, but SO worth it... the gardens and views are AMAZING!!! There's also a daylily club called "Upstate Daylily Society" based in Anderson, with several members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 07:07 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PjinNC View Post
Try Slightly Different Nursery (Google for website). It's a good drive, but SO worth it... the gardens and views are AMAZING!!! There's also a daylily club called "Upstate Daylily Society" based in Anderson, with several members.
Some beauties on that website, thanks for posting. I do know aobut the Anderson group, went to the show at the mall a couple years ago.

I've sorta run out of room...until I find one I just can't live without.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:40 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,211,675 times
Glad you guys are having fun, but I didn't know daylilies were such a "thing" until a few years ago.God bless, but scratching my head just a little, and yes we have lilies that are beautiful, just don't know what kind, and they are gone so quick!

Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
Glad you guys are having fun, but I didn't know daylilies were such a "thing" until a few years ago.God bless, but scratching my head just a little, and yes we have lilies that are beautiful, just don't know what kind, and they are gone so quick!
Some of the newer hybrids bloom over a longer period. There are also a lot of newer hybrids that will re-bloom for a second time later in the summer. We have tried to carefully select different ones for the yard and have daylillies in bloom over several months between the different varieties that we have.

I have something blooming in the yard pretty much every month of the year:

January - end of blooms on "fall" Camellias and start of "spring" Camellias.
February - end of "spring" Camellias and start of early daffodils.
March - Daffodils continue, Hellebores
April - Hellebores, Amaryllis late in the month, early azaleas
May - Amaryllis, late azaleas, Iris
June - Hostas, Asian Lillies, early Daylillies
July & August - Hostas, late daylillies, Oriental Lillies, Oakleaf Hydrangea, Gardenias
September, October - Liriope, Oakleaf Hydrangea, fall azaleas
November, December - "fall" Camellias

Old 05-31-2020, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 595 times
Do you know if Beavercreek is still open? Or a phone number for Cathy Dover ?

Old 06-01-2020, 06:42 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
We've been going to Richardson's Daylillies in Anderson for several years now. They offer some amazing daylillies for very reasonable prices. The owners are also super friendly people. They do have a Facebook page and I think are open Wednesday - Saturday starting this week. I think they are encouraging people to wear masks and keep distancing if possible.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:40 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmichelle View Post
Do you know if Beavercreek is still open? Or a phone number for Cathy Dover ?
I don't know if she's still open. Her signs have not been out for the last couple years. She may only be doing the plant rentals, but with the pandemic, I don't know who would be renting plants at this point. Last number I had was 864-419-2389. Please update the thread if you find she's still in business.

Ed at Stone Leah has the most beautiful daylily's...but he's moved farther away.

https://www.facebook.com/Stone-Leah-...8994110449764/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area