Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM

387 posts, read 330,725 times

Advertisements

I doubt you'll find houses with that sort of privacy built in the past 10 years that is that small. But some of the realtors will be much better placed to advise on that score.

I wish you the best in your process!

By the way, I should say that when I built I thought I was going to stay under 2000sf and ended up closer to 3000. The marginal cost to build more square feet is lower but then the value of the house may be worth significantly more. I was afraid of higher utility costs but with a modern, well-insulated house and efficient appliances and lighting my costs are actually lower than in my previous small house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 02:18 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,867,800 times
Adams Homes builds one-story brick homes in Simpsonville. The no HOA part would be a problem, however.
What is your price range? Inventory is low but it is probably doable, wither finding an exisitng home or a lot with some privacy.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:23 PM

79 posts, read 79,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown27 View Post
I doubt you'll find houses with that sort of privacy built in the past 10 years that is that small. But some of the realtors will be much better placed to advise on that score.

I wish you the best in your process!

By the way, I should say that when I built I thought I was going to stay under 2000sf and ended up closer to 3000. The marginal cost to build more square feet is lower but then the value of the house may be worth significantly more. I was afraid of higher utility costs but with a modern, well-insulated house and efficient appliances and lighting my costs are actually lower than in my previous small house.
Thank you, those are very good points I will consider, I think I would get lost in a 3000 sq ft home. I guess I should have said below 2,000. Thanks for the response, that is worth thinking about for sure.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Adams Homes builds one-story brick homes in Simpsonville. The no HOA part would be a problem, however.
What is your price range? Inventory is low but it is probably doable, wither finding an exisitng home or a lot with some privacy.
I took a tour of one of there homes when I was there Beth, I thought the home was well made and the all brick was a big plus for me. I recalled the HOA fees were expensive for basically just mowing the grass. I may be wrong but if I remember right I thought she said it was $400 a month. My sister who lives in Simpsonville pays $400 a yr. in her sub and they have a pool. As far as budget I'm thinking 250,000.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:01 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
When we moved here, we had the same dilemma. We weren't sure what to do. We ended up signing a six month lease and paid slightly more monthly. We still had to break the lease. Normally, we wouldn't have done that but we found a house 3 months later. It wasn't our dream home but it was an awesome deal we couldn't pass up. Luckily, we had an awesome landlord. We told her about it and we agreed to show the house and find a new tenant. She was totally fine with it and there was no penalty. Now, I know most apartments won't do that. We are selling our house now and definitely would like to build so we can have the house built the way we want it. The biggest issue now is finding land. We have been looking for over 2 years with no luck. We want the right location and the least amount of work that needs to be done to get the land ready. It really has been a challenge.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
When we moved here, we had the same dilemma. We weren't sure what to do. We ended up signing a six month lease and paid slightly more monthly. We still had to break the lease. Normally, we wouldn't have done that but we found a house 3 months later. It wasn't our dream home but it was an awesome deal we couldn't pass up. Luckily, we had an awesome landlord. We told her about it and we agreed to show the house and find a new tenant. She was totally fine with it and there was no penalty. Now, I know most apartments won't do that. We are selling our house now and definitely would like to build so we can have the house built the way we want it. The biggest issue now is finding land. We have been looking for over 2 years with no luck. We want the right location and the least amount of work that needs to be done to get the land ready. It really has been a challenge.
Yep, I have the apt. ready to go and the same thing as you, will pay a little more for a short lease. I just have a gut feeling they will not negotiate so I am going to do a 5 mo. lease I think.

At one time I even thought about buying a travel trailer and parking it in a camp ground somewhere. Just not to have to deal with the apt. living thing.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:05 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,867,800 times
Not sure where you looked when you were here but one of the Adams communities is Fox trace- and they fit right into your price range. HOA dues are $278 a year. There is a pool but not sure if that is included or not.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Not sure where you looked when you were here but one of the Adams communities is Fox trace- and they fit right into your price range. HOA dues are $278 a year. There is a pool but not sure if that is included or not.
Walnut ridge is where I was I believe. Small subdivision almost built out. Nice homes for sure. The sales agent also sent me to Fox trace, but I didn't see any homes to tour at the time.

I will check fox trace out again when I get down there soon. I was last there about a yr. ago.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:36 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,660,771 times
Let me know if you find it, I am 51 years old and still looking for it...

Old 07-12-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Let me know if you find it, I am 51 years old and still looking for it...
The interior needs work! All brick though.

They must have fishing line pulling that hanging light over the table. LOL

11 Pasture View Ct, Simpsonville, SC 29680 - realtor.com®

Last edited by Gittyup; 07-12-2017 at 05:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area