Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:41 PM

6 posts, read 4,385 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are in Greenville count trying to find jobs. We are from CT and are moving down here the middle of Aug. Everything seems to be online. Where can we go and fill out applications in person? Right now he is a motor route vendor and I am a bookkeeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 05:52 PM

266 posts, read 246,416 times
Unfortunately, most companies accept online applications only. Indeed is a great website to search for jobs. You can also post your resume on Indeed as a job seeker and employers can contact you directly.

Good luck!

As I live in CT and am interested in the Greenville area, what drew you to the area?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:26 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,879,402 times
New businesses in the area, such as hotels and restaurants, will sometimes have job fairs, where you apply in person. House of Raeford (chicken processing) has a center where you can apply in person as well, but I am sure that is not what you are looking for .
Most jobs are posted online and only accept online applications.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:19 PM

The people are much more friendlier then CT and the price of housing is so much more affordable.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,879,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyO56 View Post
The people are much more friendlier then CT and the price of housing is so much more affordable.
Oh yes! For sure! I am orginally from NY, and lived on Long Island for 10 years. Could not pay me enough to go back there.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:12 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,648,607 times
SC Works is another one, i beleive its also still required to submit certain # of job applications thru if filing for unemployment in SC, also occassionaly host job fairs (specific companies, occasionally larger general job fairs).

In the past when searching for jobs I noticed some employers would only post to one job site so check several of them: SC Works, Indeed and zip recruiter seemed to pull in quite a few from other sites as well. Also depending which site / search criteria for range in miles to search some may only appear if you search Greenville and others Spartanburg, etc.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:37 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,324,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyO56 View Post
My husband and I are in Greenville count trying to find jobs. We are from CT and are moving down here the middle of Aug. Everything seems to be online. Where can we go and fill out applications in person? Right now he is a motor route vendor and I am a bookkeeper.
Which industries are you seeking employment in Greenville?

Old 07-20-2017, 04:42 PM

At this point anywhere. We have been driving and applying anywhere we can and with no success. Every job is apply on line and it is very frustrating
Not one online job has replied back. We did not think this would be so hard to find a job.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:47 PM

266 posts, read 246,416 times
Perhaps stop in a SC Works location tomorrow. They would be able to give you resume advice, and give guidance.

Good luck, I'm sure something will come up.

https://www.scworks.org/directory.asp

Old 07-20-2017, 06:35 PM

12,628 posts, read 32,111,654 times
SC works is a good one. You can also try temp agencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area