Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 AM

35 posts, read 29,613 times

Advertisements

I am wondering what are a list of the most "active" child friendly communities in Simpsonville? We are actively looking to RENT a home this upcoming October, preferably in a HOA community.... Also, how is the commute to Anderson from Simpsonville?

Any rental sites available other than Zillow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 10:39 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyof5ks View Post
I am wondering what are a list of the most "active" child friendly communities in Simpsonville? We are actively looking to RENT a home this upcoming October, preferably in a HOA community.... Also, how is the commute to Anderson from Simpsonville?

The rental market is pretty tight in this area from what I've heard from people lately.

I have to ask, why would you want to commute from Simpsonville to Anderson? That is going to take 40 minutes to an hour one way depending on where you live in Simpsonville and where you work in Anderson. It's mostly going to be interstate with some congestion during certain times of day, particularly on the Simpsonville end. I wouldn't want to make that commute on a regular basis.

Why not just live in Anderson? There are plenty of nice neighborhoods in Anderson and the schools that feed TL Hanna are good.

If you want proximity to Greenville for some reason, you could live in Powdersville and have a more reasonable commute and still get a nice neighborhood with good schools.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:11 AM

81 posts, read 91,258 times
Quote:

Reduced Commission Real Estate Agency Greenville, SC
C. Dan Joyner Property Management

Pretty much all the realtors who give a rental house a MLS number will have their houses on their own website plus zillow. I listed those two because we have rental houses and that's who we use.

I don't know Anderson and don't know the commuting times. The first neighborhood I thought of for family friendly is Orchard Farms. Lots and lots of kids, pool, baseball field I believe, and I've seen rental houses there for about $1600-1800. Their school zone is Oakview, Beck and JLMann. To me, Orchard Farms is more like Greenville, I guess it's in the northern part of Simpsonville. Commuting to Anderson would be a long drive.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
The rental market is pretty tight in this area from what I've heard from people lately.

I have to ask, why would you want to commute from Simpsonville to Anderson? That is going to take 40 minutes to an hour one way depending on where you live in Simpsonville and where you work in Anderson. It's mostly going to be interstate with some congestion during certain times of day, particularly on the Simpsonville end. I wouldn't want to make that commute on a regular basis.

Why not just live in Anderson? There are plenty of nice neighborhoods in Anderson and the schools that feed TL Hanna are good.

If you want proximity to Greenville for some reason, you could live in Powdersville and have a more reasonable commute and still get a nice neighborhood with good schools.
Ive been looking for rental homes in the Anderson area, but to be honest they look very run down with a lot of "bushes/trees" nearby.. we prefer a fenced in area (just lawn not too many trees)... we are not from the south and worry about the creechers lol (like snakes!)..maybe were overworrying?

Also, it doesn't appear Anderson has these nice HOA communities like Simpsonville... is this correct? Or have I overlooked them?

Thanks for the advice!

Old 08-10-2017, 12:05 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,881,541 times
I second Powdersville and parts of Easley; have no idea what is available but it has the types of communities you are looking for.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:26 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,306,984 times
Quote:
Ive been looking for rental homes in the Anderson area, but to be honest they look very run down with a lot of "bushes/trees" nearby.. we prefer a fenced in area (just lawn not too many trees)... we are not from the south and worry about the creechers lol (like snakes!)..maybe were overworrying?

Also, it doesn't appear Anderson has these nice HOA communities like Simpsonville... is this correct? Or have I overlooked them?

Thanks for the advice!
Snakes aren't going to be a big concern in most residential neighborhoods. I think I've seen 2 or 3 very small garter snakes in my yard in the last 5+ years.

I guess it depends on what you mean by a "nice HOA community". Are you mainly looking for a common play area and a pool? If those are the amenities you are seeking, there will be lots of neighborhoods with those in Anderson, Powdersville, or Simpsonville. Are you looking for a golf course community, neighborhood walking trail, or something specific?

There may not be a lot of inventory for rental homes in any of those locations right now, so that could be an issue. There are a lot of new construction communities going up in NE Anderson and Powdersville right now but those probably aren't going to have rental homes available.

This community is in NE Anderson and has a full suite of available amenities: New Homes in Innisbrook | Anderson, South Carolina | D.R. Horton

Old 08-10-2017, 07:28 PM

thank you for sending the link!

Old 08-13-2017, 06:36 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,568,553 times
Properly placed trees can greatly help with your heating bills.

Funny, we had someone move into our neighborhood and wanted to remove all the trees behind him and he flipped out because we don't allow treas greater than 6" diameter to come out without approval unless there is an emergency situation

His house is not on the market.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:52 AM

1,016 posts, read 308,437 times
DH and I moved to Anderson several years ago from NY. So far, no snakes! We love it. There are all kinds of communities and subdivisions here. Northeast Anderson and the 81 (E. Greenville Street) corridor are good areas and family friendly. I have a couple of recommendations for you:

1. Wexford Condos, off of 81 and close to I 85, exit 27. I've never actually gone in and toured the place, but the units and community look pretty nice. They have a management/rental office on the premises.

2. If you want to use a realtor to help you find a good place and area, try Search Anderson SC Homes for Sale | Real Estate | Keller Williams - they worked with us, know Anderson in and out, and might be able to steer you.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area