Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 07:18 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
These are organized through Newcomers https://spartanburgnewcomers.com

So you do have to join but it’s only $10 or so a year. If you want to meet the lady in charge, come by Spill the Beans today at 1 — it across from the Denny’s building.

Spill the Beans — Mondays at 1:00 pm — so far usually one table

Boiling Springs Library — Third Friday at 1:00 — usually at least two tables, sometimes three
Can you pass this along to the people who play in your groups to see if anyone is interested in coming? They can sign up thru Meetup if they are already on meetup but they don't have to be on meetup to come, just need their info to hold their space (name and contact, text and/or e-mail). Maybe carpool for those interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 12:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Can you pass this along to the people who play in your groups to see if anyone is interested in coming? They can sign up thru Meetup if they are already on meetup but they don't have to be on meetup to come, just need their info to hold their space (name and contact, text and/or e-mail). Maybe carpool for those interested.
Sure, be happy to!

Old 09-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Sure, be happy to!
Thanks!

Old 09-02-2018, 02:58 AM

Eldemila, you already know how fun and interesting the game can be! I wish more played to understand the mental challenge as well as the social benefits. There’s so much talk about the increasing loneliness in our society; this is such a great way to combat it!

Old 09-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Eldemila, you already know how fun and interesting the game can be! I wish more played to understand the mental challenge as well as the social benefits. There’s so much talk about the increasing loneliness in our society; this is such a great way to combat it!
You are so right!!!!

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...why/602082002/

I have made some wonderful new and true friends since learning this game. My Mother was so right when a she kept telling me about it, right in so many ways!!!

Old 09-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
You are so right!!!!

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...why/602082002/

I have made some wonderful new and true friends since learning this game. My Mother was so right when a she kept telling me about it, right in so many ways!!!
Good article!

Old 09-17-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
These are organized through Newcomers https://spartanburgnewcomers.com

So you do have to join but it’s only $10 or so a year. If you want to meet the lady in charge, come by Spill the Beans today at 1 — it across from the Denny’s building.

Spill the Beans — Mondays at 1:00 pm — so far usually one table

Boiling Springs Library — Third Friday at 1:00 — usually at least two tables, sometimes three
Lynchburglover - Sorry, there's no way to P/M you it seems. Are you playing this Friday at the library? Possibility my usual game may not get together and may be able to join you. What time do you play til?

Old 09-17-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Lynchburglover - Sorry, there's no way to P/M you it seems. Are you playing this Friday at the library? Possibility my usual game may not get together and may be able to join you. What time do you play til?
We have switched the location to Spill the Beans on Main Street in downtown Spartanburg — directly across the street from the “Denny’s Building”. I think we have four coming (only one table that I know of) to play but you could come and talk to the main organizer, Marilyn from the Newcomers Club to get more info. 1-4 pm.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
We have switched the location to Spill the Beans on Main Street in downtown Spartanburg — directly across the street from the “Denny’s Building”. I think we have four coming (only one table that I know of) to play but you could come and talk to the main organizer, Marilyn from the Newcomers Club to get more info. 1-4 pm.
If I come play and I'm a 5th do you know if they are ok to rotate out? Is this the Newcomers group?? Let me know if it is okay. I definitely would love to play.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
If I come play and I'm a 5th do you know if they are ok to rotate out? Is this the Newcomers group?? Let me know if it is okay. I definitely would love to play.

Let me check and I’ll get back to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area