Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 08:39 AM

348 posts, read 497,201 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if any of you out there are using CBD Oil for Medicinal purposes? If so, what are you using, what type, dosage and testimonials on your use? A brand name would be useful and the place of purchase as well. Thinking of using this for pain management. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 09:58 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuguy2 View Post
Just wondering if any of you out there are using CBD Oil for Medicinal purposes? If so, what are you using, what type, dosage and testimonials on your use? A brand name would be useful and the place of purchase as well. Thinking of using this for pain management. Thanks.
You will get more answers in the “alternative medicine” section of Health forum.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:25 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Smoke n Brew in Greenville. Not the full strength version, but they have it, or did. If you want the non watered down versions, youll have to order online. (If you get me drift!)

Old 04-19-2018, 11:06 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,103 times
Garner's. I bought some for my son; Charlottes Web brand. However one of the side effects is dry mouth and he already has a problem with that so is not using it.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:51 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
My question is how does it affect you when you use it? I know it doesn't have THC but anyone getting weird side effects? I know it's getting more and more popular. Moving to Asheville, I have been hearing alot about it lately. They sell it around here as well.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:21 PM

214 posts, read 301,251 times
I get mine from Thunder Grove. They are based in Ware Shoals. They have a website you can order from, but Carolina Growers Group in Fountain Inn stocks it, and on the weekends the owners are at the Barnyard Flea Market in Greer. I can't recommend them enough. I've had RSD/CRPS for 19 years and while I still have pain since starting taking it in October (I use the 1200mg strength), my swelling is down significantly and I have less days of 9+ pain... It's evened it out much more than it had been before. So while it's been far from "cured," for the first time in 19 years, I have hope that one day I'll be "normal" again.

I have no effects from using it - which is exactly WHY I like it. CBD oil with THC is legal here in Michigan, but I have lost enough due to the RSD that I absolutely won't use anything that would in any way make my head fuzzy or less than 100% there.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:30 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
I get mine from Thunder Grove. They are based in Ware Shoals. They have a website you can order from, but Carolina Growers Group in Fountain Inn stocks it, and on the weekends the owners are at the Barnyard Flea Market in Greer. I can't recommend them enough. I've had RSD/CRPS for 19 years and while I still have pain since starting taking it in October (I use the 1200mg strength), my swelling is down significantly and I have less days of 9+ pain... It's evened it out much more than it had been before. So while it's been far from "cured," for the first time in 19 years, I have hope that one day I'll be "normal" again.

I have no effects from using it - which is exactly WHY I like it. CBD oil with THC is legal here in Michigan, but I have lost enough due to the RSD that I absolutely won't use anything that would in any way make my head fuzzy or less than 100% there.

The meat market, Carolina Growers Group? New one on me.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:31 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
My question is how does it affect you when you use it? I know it doesn't have THC but anyone getting weird side effects? I know it's getting more and more popular. Moving to Asheville, I have been hearing alot about it lately. They sell it around here as well.
I experimented with Cannatonic CBD Oil for about two months (I still have some left). It is in liquid form (tincture). This particular blend has a 2:1 CBD/THC ratio. I started taking it to see if it would help me with an anxiety issue as well as with a chronic pain issue (I have bad hips at age 43). It did help with anxiety and made me feel overall more relaxed. I noticed that it reduced my heart rate and made me feel steadier and overall less nervous and anxious. It did little for my chronic pain, unfortunately. But I was only taking between 8-12 drops per day on average, so maybe my dosage was too small.

But the biggest drawback (and the reason that I stopped taking it) was that it made me feel cognitively sluggish and slow. I noticed that I couldn’t think as clearly or as fast as I normally did, and my short-term memory tanked. I had trouble remembering things and found it difficult to study because of the mental fogginess and memory issues. I also found it hard to articulate my thoughts and to speak crisply and concisely.

So I stopped taking it. But I’m planning on experimenting with other strains and/or formulations.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:38 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,153 times
does taking this stuff make you fail a test?

Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
does taking this stuff make you fail a test?
That crossed my mind as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area