Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:40 AM

4 posts, read 15,246 times

Advertisements

Are there any metaphysical bookstores in or around the Greenville area? I am from Florida where they are plentiful. I have searched and asked around but no luck. I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't even be one. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:45 AM

8 posts, read 35,731 times
Well, seems that might be a good thing to create then. I think you might find that the Unity Church will have a metaphysical bookstore. I am not living in the area yet, but am making my move this summer. I have already located the Unity Church because I was so happy with the one in Chapel Hill when I lived there. They almost always (depending on the size) have a bookstore. It should do in a pinch if you can not find anything else. Here is a link:

bookstore (http://www.unitychurchofgreenville.org/Bookstore.html - broken link)

Old 05-31-2008, 10:26 AM

thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 05:56 PM

Anyone else know of anything?

Old 10-31-2015, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,306 times
Default Any metaphysical churches or bookstores/physics in Greenville ,S.C.?

I'm moving that way in a few months and looking for holistic groups, churches, healers, and phyics.
thanks

Old 11-01-2015, 06:39 AM

77 posts, read 110,723 times
Check out Meetup.com for Greenville and Asheville as well. You will find groups that fit your specific interests with like minded people.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:23 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,878,264 times
Check out the meetup group Creative Social. I know there are other groups as well.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:16 AM

33 posts, read 26,674 times
A Class Act at 127 Cleveland Street has some good books. There are quite a few holistic/alternative groups in Greenville SC. Like someone suggested, "Meet-Up" is good place to start. You can also buy a lot of good books at Barnes and Nobles as well as other book stores around the area, believe it or not. There are quite a few independent dealers, as well, for handcrafted items, etc. When you check out Meetup you will meet a lot of individuals. There are a few holistic stores downtown which are good resources as well. Hope this helps some.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:01 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,226,153 times
Nyla Beans gift shop on Laurens road just north of Greenville has quite a few alternative and metaphysical items in the mix. If they don't have what you're looking for, they could probably send you in the right direction.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:10 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,200,326 times
My friend came from an area where it was easy to find that stuff, but not so much here. She is a member of many of the local groups.

There's a few good places in Charlotte, and definitely a good number of places in Asheville area, also, one is right near Hendersonville. It seems more underground here. Was hard for a friend just to find cleansing sage locally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area