Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM

24 posts, read 108,343 times

Advertisements

Where would you send three teenagers to high school? We are still looking for opinions on the difference between the areas. How bad is traffic getting to the airport from the western side of Greenville. Is there any good shopping out there? Where are the best mountain views?

It is taking quite a bit of time to get the job details worked out. But we are still trying to make it happen.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 09:41 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
They're both nice. Riverside is in a more populated area though.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:49 PM

78 posts, read 301,629 times
Wren, being on the southern side of Gville, probably won't have mountain views as a general rule. Riverside, I believe would be more 'busy' area but dont' think they have mountain views either since they are more south (although east of the Wren school area). We have found that mountain views are mostly to the north and west of Gville, which neither of these schools are.....

Old 06-17-2008, 04:29 PM

82 posts, read 196,568 times
We live in the Wren school district but we do not have any teenagers (just preschoolers). I don't think there are any mountain views but we are off the Saluda River and the area we live in is quite hilly. You will get more home for the money in the Wren district and your property taxes will be less. Also you will be able to get more land. We looked at some houses in Riverside and for the same price we paid for our house which is about 3600 sq. ft., and unfinished basement, 3 car garage and almost an acre. We would have gotten a slightly smaller house with no basement a 2 car garage and about 1/3 acre. To get the same sort of house in River side we would have had to pay at least $200,000 more. A lot of our neighbors have teenagers and only one of them goes to private school and they all rave about the school. They are also making some improvemnts to the track and the school and building a new high school in Powdersville (where we live). All that said we are not close to as much as far as shopping etc... but we are right off the Interstate and it is easy to get everywhere. We are 5 minutes from GHS and a little over 10 to downtown G'ville.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,877 times
Default Wren School District

I think Wren is great. Riverside is popular as well. There should be some websites for you to check out statistice. I don't know if I am allowed to put them on here or not so I would say do a google search of greenville county schools for Riverside and Anderson county schools for Wren. Wren does have a freshman academy and the new Powdersville school (to be built) is supposed to have it as well.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,381,952 times
I think some people would be surprised to learn that Anderson County School District 1 (Wren) does have a few places with lovely mountain views. The geography is attractive in many parts of the district, not unlike the rolling, pastoral English countryside.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 PM

82 posts, read 196,568 times
I meant to say 5 minutes form GMH, Greenville Memorial Hospital and 10 minutes or 7 miles to Downtown Greenville. But we are about 10 miles form most shoppingso with the rising gas costs that may turn some people off this area.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM

282 posts, read 751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I think some people would be surprised to learn that Anderson County School District 1 (Wren) does have a few places with lovely mountain views. The geography is attractive in many parts of the district, not unlike the rolling, pastoral English countryside.
Skyliner,

I couldn't agree with you more!

Old 07-05-2008, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,654 times
Default Best school

My family relocated back to the upstate this past august from the M.B. area after 5 yrs. We lived in Abbeville county for about 12 yrs. The main reason for our move is that we have 8 grandchildren and they all reside in Greenwood. We have one adopted child who is now 14 yrs old and attends Wren. I feel that Wren is a far better school for many reasons. In particular is the individualized attention that he receives. The way schools "use to be". We live in a fairly new sub. Never have lived in a sub before I was very surprised over the hospitality and how all the neighbors were eager to welcome us. For the peace of mind and academic wealth my money is on Wren.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Eastside was just ranked the #1 public highschool academically, surprisingly beating our both Wren and Riverside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area