Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Zed Zed started this thread

5 posts, read 10,161 times

Advertisements

Moving soon to the Fairview Rd. area in Simpsonville (29680). Does anyone have recent experience with Charter Communications and their bundled service packs? Never had their service. I'd really appreciate any feedback on other local carriers: Phone, Cable, High Speed.
Thanks!
Really looking forward to living in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 07:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Most people hate Charter with a passion. My parents have one of those bundled packages and have never had any problems with it. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for most people. The problem with Charter isn't really their service but rather customer service. If you call 1-800-Charter you usually get connected to somebody in India if anybody at all.

Proof: Charter ranked last in customer service | Opelika-Auburn News

Old 06-18-2008, 07:05 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Moving soon to the Fairview Rd. area in Simpsonville (29680). Does anyone have recent experience with Charter Communications and their bundled service packs? Never had their service. I'd really appreciate any feedback on other local carriers: Phone, Cable, High Speed.
Thanks!
Really looking forward to living in the area.
Charter is great for Internet and Cable TV, but I would not recommend their cable phone service. The main reason being that if the cable or the power is out, you cannot call 911 in an emergency using land lines. A lot of people in the area don't like Charter (don't know why?) but I've had good experiences with them. The only thing is the rapid growth of the area shows in the fact that capacity related outages are common.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 PM

470 posts, read 595,317 times
I can only really compare Charter to Time Warner, and it's really not as good. The high speed cable works well I have the turbo for an extra $5 bucks or so a month. The phone works well also, Ive never had an issue with either. Now the cable.... I had to wait over a month for an HD-DVR, the picture is not that good, and there aren't many HD channels. Unfortunately I really can't have a dish as we are in an apartment until we get home but I will get the dish when we move.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:21 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,390 times
We have charter Cable and Charter Internet it works fine for me.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
If you are going with Charter get the bundle. You will pay when the promotion term is up...but until then it will be cheap. Just expect it to go up a lot at the end of the term.

I hate Charter. I am in an area that is flooded with customers and experience outages almost every darn day. This has been going on for almost the whole year and I wish they'd just get it fixed already. I don't have many options however, DSL is not available where I am; hence the flooding!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:53 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,550,698 times
What is available in that area? I plan on moving to that area but I telecommute and having a reliable high speed ISP is critical to my job. I also need a quality signal for my VOIP line.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 AM

131 posts, read 696,410 times
I have charter internet and hate their service. If their was anybody else available I would use them (even if it cost more!). I have 5 meg "high speed internet" and I have never got more than 3.2 Meg out of my service. They sell speed that they can not deliver. When their is no one else what do you do?

Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,650 times
We have direct tv and bellsouth (ATT) for phone/internet. Both have served us well. Charter never put cable in our neighborhood.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:16 PM

75 posts, read 353,240 times
like g-man said, all the services are great, but their customer service is horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area