Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM

98 posts, read 218,128 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have been recently been tasked with planning our rehearsal dinner. I'm not having much luck figuring out what would be a good choice for us so I wanted to put it out there to see what others might have experienced either as the host or as a guest at a rehearsal dinner at local restaurants. Any recommendations are welcomed and appreciated. We are looking to have about 50 guests or so.. with that number cost becomes important but we are happy to pay for something nice as long as it is fairly priced. We would be looking for something either downtown ,near Greer or near the woodruff road area. Any and all suggestions are helpful.... She is planning almost everything so I'd like to hit this out of the park if I can.

Thanks in advance - I love reading this forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
This may not be super fancy but when I got married, we had our rehearsal dinner at a nice Deli that made fabulous sandwiches. We reserved the private room and all the guests got to order any sandwich they wanted, with all the fixin's....There was also a bar menu so they got to drink what they wanted and boy did they drink, lol...

Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,495 times
My wife and I did our rehearsal dinner at Brick Street Cafe back in 2008. They have a private room downstairs that has its own entrance. Food was very good and the whole thing came out reasonably priced. They also had no problem with us bringing our own dessert, despite them having a good selection of desserts in house. Staff was top notch and everything went off without a hitch.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM

411 posts, read 853,208 times
I believe High Cotton has a room (or two) that accomodate large parties. High Cotton is to die for...especially the creme brulee!

I believe Devereaux's has a private room as well but it can't do 50 seated, just standing. Lazy Goat has private rooms as well, plus a patio that can do 50 seated if you guys are getting married in temperate weather. There's the Soby's Apartment as well but I imagine that could get pricey.

Ford's Oyster House may be able to accomdate 50 and it would probably be the cheapest option. And more laid back. Depends on the vibe you were going for.

For Greer, Bin 112 and The Strip Club 104 (it's a steak house...LOL) in downtown both have private rooms but I'm not sure if they can fit 50 people. The chef there is super awesome.

Good luck!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:43 PM

144 posts, read 295,950 times
On The Roxx just renovated the upstairs of that building into a really amazing space that would be perfect for a rehearsal dinner. You would have to call them and ask rates and all but I believe the did the space specifically for events like this.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM

42 posts, read 101,630 times
We did Lazy Goat. Awesome atmosphere looking over the river and the updated Peace Center.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,227 times
We recently attended a wedding at Fords. It was decent and they definitely had more than 50 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area