Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:42 PM

90 posts, read 374,811 times

Advertisements

Wow, I am surprised that they would not give you any type of discount as I have heard that a lot of these hotel chains are really hurting for business. I work for a luxury hotel on the Beach in Fl and our main focus is the happiness of the guest. We actually saw a man standing outside on the sidewalk holding up a sign advertising rooms for $40.00 a night at one of these type hotels here in S. Fl. In the "business" this is known as desperation. Wherever you end up staying I hope your visit to Greenville will be lovely. goodluck!
tcar509
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
We stayed at La Quinta on Woodruff at Easter of this year while apt hunting. I like to stay at La Quinta when traveling with my dog because they usually don't charge extra for pets. I agree with the other comment about this particular La Quinta. It was not up to the quality of others I've stayed at.

We really liked the Holiday Inn Express on The Parkway (off Pelham @ I-85). It's like-new and much less expensive than the downtown one. I just checked online rates, and with AAA, a King/Deluxe room is $84.55 this weekend.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,798 times
The Hampton Inn Greenville Airport is really nice and their are a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
The Days Inn in Simpsonville seems like a good bargain at $60 per night including the breakfast "bar" and it seems to be close to the highway.
The days Inn is right next to walmart and right in the middle of every thing in Simpsonville. I know the owner of the days Inn. The rooms are always clean and it is a safe area.

And they just built a Value place in Simpsonville as well don't think it has been open for maybe a month if even that.
Value Place

And another hotel is being built but I can't remember the name of it. And don't think it would be ready by the time you got here any ways.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
The days Inn is right next to walmart and right in the middle of every thing in Simpsonville. I know the owner of the days Inn. The rooms are always clean and it is a safe area.

And they just built a Value place in Simpsonville as well don't think it has been open for maybe a month if even that.
Value Place

And another hotel is being built but I can't remember the name of it. And don't think it would be ready by the time you got here any ways.
Comfort Inn and Suites is being built. You're welcome.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
There is a Holiday Inn Express right on Woodruff Rd blocks from the LaQuinta.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Comfort Inn and Suites is being built. You're welcome.
Yeah that would be the place since I brought it up I might as well add it seem to be a silly place for them to put it. Good cause it is right next to the highway yes. But the little patch of land they put it on I would had never thought they would had put a hotel there But I guess they are trying to squeeze as much in as they can.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Hi all, my wife, son and myself will be down for the week of the 17th to visit Greenville.

Can you kind folks please tell me if any of these places are "stay away from" places.

Doing a map search etc and knowing what I already do about the area, they seemed okay, but wanted to double check.

We are just looking for a basic place to stay, this isn't really a vacation. I'm more concerned about the area more than anything. (I used to live in Charlotte but my wife has never been South...gotta make a good first impression. lol )

Thanks in advance.
La Quinta Inn Greenville Woodruff Road

Days Inn - Expo Center Roper Mountain Rd

Best Western Greenville Airport (5009 Pelham Road)

Comfort Inn - Laurens Road

Red Roof Inn Greenville - Laurens Road

I recently reviewed the Comfort Inn on Laurens Rd on Trip Advisor. It was fine. I have gotten good deals using priceline name your price. I'm at the Hyatt downtown for $45.00 a night (must pay $6.00 extra for parking though and no bkfst) I also have gotten the Hilton for the same price!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:47 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Awesome!

Thanks for all the info ya'll. (I spent my early adult life and became a man in the South so I think I'm allowed to say that. LOL)

Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Have a safe trip down. Hope you enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area