Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 07:19 PM

14 posts, read 14,697 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

After lots of searching, we decided to pick up a home in the Five Forks area that is nearly a complete build that someone walked away from. With that being said, we could not spec the house 100% so we have some little things to do.

My main immediate concerns:

-Any advice on fence companies in the area?
-Any advice on where to go for blinds and possibly installation? Should I stick with Depot or Lowes or someone has a local referral who is reasonable?

These are the key items (as well as getting garage door openers installed...so strange the house does not come with it).

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 04:00 AM

100 posts, read 94,784 times
We used AAA Fence about 20 years ago and again about 10 years ago. They did a good job on the first house we had so we used them again when we sold our home and bought a new one. Don't know about the first fence but our current house fence is still up That being said, we did get quotes from several places and since the time we put our fence up, a bet 15 more fence companies have popped up. I would get several quotes.
Hope your new home is a great success!

Old 02-10-2016, 10:30 AM

97 posts, read 160,456 times
Call Leon from Pro line fence. They are by far the best in the upstate. (864) 630-1251

Old 02-10-2016, 12:53 PM

21 posts, read 41,861 times
I liked Lowe's for fences. I had a small job and no one would come out and quote. One did and quoted a extremely high price, Home Depot did and the same thing high price. Lowe's was very reasonable and were great in doing the job.

I don't know about blinds but do a google search and visit the stores with number of windows and size. Either Home Depot or Lowe's are good if the window sizes are standard and you do it yourself. Installation isn't that hard.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:24 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,664,067 times
Bruce Butler does excellent work with garage doors at a reasonable price. He's been doing it for many years.

Butler Garage Door Company | "Of course it

I did my blinds myself but it looks like it, too.

You can build your own fence, too. A carpenter friend of mine helped me estimate the materials and showed the the first bits. I did the rest. See if you can get someone to do that and you will save a lot of money. It's kinda fun too, you get to use a circular saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area