Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 07:13 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,372 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would pass this Better Business Bureau warning on to you folks. If anyone is in need of home improvements Beware of the following contractor:

Lawrence Sam Weir, Jr. of Shelby, NC (aka Sam Weir). Mr. Weir is currently doing business or has done business under four different business names including Sun Masters, Crete Magic, Weir Builders and Weir Grafix. Mr. Weir has contracted with homeowners to provide a variety of home improvement jobs including sunroom, deck, porch and patio construction, window, gutter and siding installation, roof repair and more.

The Better Business Bureau has had 20 complaints from homeowners in eight counties in NC and SC (Cleveland, Gaston, Mecklenburg, Lincoln, York, Edgecombe, Chowan and Perquimans) filed against Mr. Weir under three of these company names, Weir Builders, Crete Magic and Sun Masters, totaling more than $100,000. Of the 20 BBB complaints, Mr. Weir has failed to respond to 13 complaints.

To read more:

Charlotte, NC: News Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,341 times
Actually I went to the BBB in August of 2007 and searched Weir Builders along with Sam Weir and no negative activity showed so three weeks into the project of remodeling my bathroom it was left incomplete. I also did numerous searches on-line but it was not until June 2008 that negative information popped up.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 628 times
I worked with him building a web page [url]www.whatsupgastonia.com[/url] he didnt pay me nearly 3 weeks i just found out about his sketchyness yesterday he is trying to sell stuff to people to put on website basicly web designing for hundreds of dollars. I am so sorry to the people hes scammed i had no idea till my mom told me when she ran his name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties