Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 PM

5 posts, read 19,410 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about taking some yoga classes. Just wondering if anybody knew of the yoga studio called 90 degrees yoga or the studio Yoganize if so, which is better or if anybody has had any experience with either of those two.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 12:50 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,844,961 times
My wife used to attend 90 degree yoga, she particularly enjoyed their ashtanga yoga class but then the instructor for that particular class left. As a result my wife discontinued going there, but I can't say she ever really had a bad experience, just that they didn't offer what she really enjoyed anymore, and she was willing to cut that expense out so that I could go back to school. Now she does yoga at home

Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM

288 posts, read 949,541 times
I'm a regular yoga practicer. I prefer either North Main Yoga or Dharma Yoga. Dharma is a new place at the corner of Hwy. 14 and Woodruff. I'm been going there regularly and love it. I've never been to either of the places you mentioned, although I've heard of them. I believe 90 Degrees Yoga is so named because they practice in a super-heated room. I hate to be hot so that sounds awful to me. If you really like/need to sweat, might be OK.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 AM

65 posts, read 203,583 times
I go to Yoganize once or twice a week and it's excellent. I also like North Main Yoga, but it's further from my house. I haven't been to 90 Degrees Yoga because it's hot yoga and I think it's the same routine each time (I like variety).

Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 PM

23 posts, read 62,325 times
Default Yoga

I have heard great things about Yoganize and I have been to North Main Yoga (which I really like) and Dharma (which I don't like). My favorite teacher who used to be at Dharma (Robert) left there, and I don't know where he went. He was the only one at Dharma I liked.

North Main Yoga is so convenient and it is right next door to the Bohemian Restaurant, which has fantastic food.

You might check out Natural Awakenings Complete Guide to Green and Healthy Living, as they list many yoga studios. You can find this guide online at UpstateNA.com (it was the April 2010 issue) or contact the publisher to get a paper copy.

There's also It's Yoga! on 1440 Pelham, owned and operated by Kristi Ried Barton, who has a masters degree in yoga. She has over 19 years teaching experience.

If you are in Greer, there's YellowBall Yoga at 435 Hammett Bridge Road at Riverside Tennis Club.

The newest yoga studio is SouthernOm Hot Yoga, right next door to Whole Foods on Woodruff Rd.

QiWorks Studio now offers Iyengar yoga for beginners and their web site is QiWorksStudio.com.

Most of the YMCAs in Greenville have yoga classes as well.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,590 times
Ashtanga is still offered at North Main. I think that 90 degrees wanted to offer only hot yoga classes there, and let go of their ashtanga class. Robert is a great teacher, its a shame he is no longer teaching there.

Last edited by Imagine2b; 12-16-2010 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: first response was too short

Old 12-17-2010, 02:04 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,188,965 times
When my daughter came to visit she went to SouthernOm Hot Yoga and said it was the nicest studio she'd ever been to, very clean - felt each time she got a great workout. She looks forward to going there again when she visits next time.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM

18 posts, read 44,299 times
I am visiting Greenville and took a class tonight at 90 degrees. Hot yoga is always intense and cleansing. This class was that. Hot yoga is not usually my thing, but in the winter time it meets a need. The instructor was kind and friendly and helpful to people who needed help. The physical space was beautiful - very nice yoga vibe decorations. Lovely changing rooms and common spaces. I have 15+ years experience practicing and teaching yoga and would recommend this studio for people wanting intensity. Remember to drink lots of water before and after and wear very little clothing. It is dark in the practice room, so don't worry about extra skin showing. Bring a mat and towel. Peace and prana!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM

18 posts, read 44,299 times
One more thing about yoga in Greenville. I had excellent yoga experiences at Greenville Yoga - two locations: North Main, and Augusta. The teachers were well practiced, and focused on breathing. Breathing is the key. Namaste.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,335 times
I am a male and would like to know if it is ok to wear tights an a tank top for class, due to the temp, would i be required to remove my top, and pratice in tights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area