Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 PM

915 posts, read 2,423,815 times

Advertisements

Whenever I come across something interesting about the Greenville market, I always like to pass it along. fDi (Foreign Direct Investment) Magazine published their list of top North American cities of the future, which was derived from more than 6 months of research in the categories of economic potential, human resources, cost effectiveness, quality of life, infrastructure, business friendliness, as well as 50 other areas of judging criteria.

Greenville, South Carolina ranked number one on the list in the micro city category, for those cities having a population less than 100,000.

Quote:
The top micro North American City of the Future 2009/10 is Greenville, South Carolina, due to its strong economic potential, good human resources and high scores in business friendliness.
Greenville ranked #1 overall, and placed in the top 5 for the following categories: Best Economic Potential (#1), Best Human Resources (#2), Best Infrastructure (#5), and Business Friendliness (#2).

Source: North American Cities of the Future 2009/10 - Foreign Direct Investment (fDi)

Data (pdf): http://fdimagazine.com/cp/20/022-028_FDI_0409.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Whenever I come across something interesting about the Greenville market, I always like to pass it along. fDi (Foreign Direct Investment) Magazine published their list of top North American cities of the future, which was derived from more than 6 months of research in the categories of economic potential, human resources, cost effectiveness, quality of life, infrastructure, business friendliness, as well as 50 other areas of judging criteria.

Greenville, South Carolina ranked number one on the list in the micro city category, for those cities having a population less than 100,000.

Greenville ranked #1 overall, and placed in the top 5 for the following categories: Best Economic Potential (#1), Best Human Resources (#2), Best Infrastructure (#5), and Business Friendliness (#2).

Source: North American Cities of the Future 2009/10 - Foreign Direct Investment (fDi)

Data (pdf): http://fdimagazine.com/cp/20/022-028_FDI_0409.pdf
This is great, but the only thing is Greenville is a "true city" of about 400k(urban area) and should really be compared to cities like Greensboro NC vs. Danville VA. We're having a similar talk in Greenville Annexation.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
This is great, but the only thing is Greenville is a "true city" of about 400k(urban area) and should really be compared to cities like Greensboro NC vs. Danville VA. We're having a similar talk in Greenville Annexation.
I totally agree, but I would also rather be ranked number 1 for "micro city", as opposed to number 3 in another category.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I totally agree, but I would also rather be ranked number 1 for "micro city", as opposed to number 3 in another category.
Agreed ckeegan. Is the market picking back up for you? I keep hearing it is and we are about to sell an investment property. Sounds like perfect timing.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Agreed ckeegan. Is the market picking back up for you? I keep hearing it is and we are about to sell an investment property. Sounds like perfect timing.
Calls and website traffic are definitely up, but the true test will be seen as we get closer to the end of the school year. I always ramp up marketing in preparation for this time of year.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
Greenville doesn't hold a candle to Greensboro...please.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Perhaps in a few areas, but the case can easily be made for Greenville over Greensboro in many aspects as well. If you don't like Greenville and aren't planning to return, please stop posting useless nonsense here. Thank you.

Last edited by Skyliner; 05-03-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Greenville doesn't hold a candle to Greensboro...please.
Actually it blows Greensboro out of the water, and Greensboro officials have visited Greenville to learn how to create a successful downtown. You lose again! Goodbye and never comeback.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Greenville has retained its positionas #1 micro North American city of the future.

Source: Greenville ranked as No. 1 'Micro' city | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News

Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Greenville has retained its positionas #1 micro North American city of the future.

Source: Greenville ranked as No. 1 'Micro' city | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News
Yeah, baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area