Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 11:37 AM

8 posts, read 20,403 times

Advertisements

I found a house that I liked in Verdmont. There seems to be quite a few houses for sale in there. Is there anything about that development that a buyer should be aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,375,819 times
I love Verdmont, but haven't lived there. It has a better "cluster" setup than most new suburban developments. This allows for more open green space everyone in the community can enjoy, instead of wasting it on larger yards which are rarely efficiently utilized in suburban communities.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 AM

266 posts, read 1,025,677 times
I drive by it several times a week. It is such a pretty development.

There are lots of homes for sale in several developments, so I don't think has anything to do with something negative go on in that particular one (although I don't live there).

There is the dump thats way back there past it, but I don't think its close enough to effect the development.

Its a convenient location, close to shopping, some beautiful horses, and churches.

Hope someone that lives there can give you more info! Good luck!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 AM

169 posts, read 570,602 times
This is not alot of info...But, when we were down here house hunting in October of 07. I ran into a woman in Target near there, and we just started chit chatting.. I told her we relocating form the North and looking for a home. She said she lived in Verdmont and could not say enough great things about it. How they have a wonderful community and how much she enjoyed living there. She was very sweet, a retired realtor, she even gave me her phone number if I wanted to contact her. We drove through the neighborhood, and found it very nice, but just not "right" for us. The location is very convienent to shopping, restaurants, and I385 and is a just very nice area all around. We ended up buying a lovely home in Fountain Inn and love it here. We are close to all that I mentioned, but far enough away that we miss all the traffic. Hope this helps....

Old 06-03-2009, 04:34 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,858,913 times
Hi Mimi07,

I live in Verdmont - my wife and I really enjoy the neighborhood feel and that it is a smaller subdivison. We also like the location to shopping in Simpsonville and access to downtown Greenville.We also noted that we have actual sidewalks which is a bonus!

There is a website Verdmont - The Randolph Group - it is a bit dated, but still good info.
There is a good range of houses available from low 200's to mid 300's. If you have any specific questions, I'll try to help out as best I can.

The transfer station is about a mile away on Hipps Road, but we have never noticed any scents from there as the trash there is taken to a landfill many times a day.

Last edited by cougfan; 06-03-2009 at 04:51 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 06:14 PM

8 posts, read 20,403 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the info. I want to come back down in the fall or winter to spend some more time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area