Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:43 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,843,309 times

Advertisements

It's papering over two enormous problems that lead to homelessness: Substance abuse and mental illness. Neither are addressed, they're just swept under the rug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,547,331 times
Regardless what led to their homeless situation.......I am not God and I am not here to judge anyone.

At least NYC is taking the necessary steps to get these people back home to their families. Most cities would have left them stuck there with no way to get back home.

Hell I need a vacation let me get on a plane to NYC.......maybe I can get me a free ticket to Fiji!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM

40 posts, read 197,266 times
Why are u complaining, it just means were gonna get more great art like this! I cant wait!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Yeah they may as well put them down here with the Greenville deadbeats that are on this forum!!
Later in the same thread, you said:

Quote:
I am not God and I am not here to judge anyone.
This is the type of excellence we have come to expect from you. But amazingly, you topped it with this gem:

Quote:
Thank you for sharing this story........this is what I call a class act. NYC actually spending some money to help homeless people get back home. Sanford sure would not have been this generous.........he's too busy spending SC state money on flights to Argentina to bang his mistress.

Keep em coming NYC!
You must be joking with this post. You have to be quite the spin-master to believe that NYC is a "class act" to send homeless people out of the city with one-way tickets. That is SAD. No city should be immune from criticism for doing stuff like this - New York City included.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 PM

199 posts, read 492,947 times
[quote=NewYorkBorn;10024591]You are a kind person Tinabean. That is exactly what is happening.......there is no work here in SC so everybody is running to NYC for jobs and getting stuck there.quote]

They are "getting stuck there" because there are no high paying jobs available there right now either! Plus, they have to contend with a much higher cost of living than Greenville has!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM

134 posts, read 262,366 times
why do all the greenville cheerleades hate newyorkborn so much? newyorkborn usually has a balanced opinion of greenville. Points out good and bad things.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 AM

5,490 posts, read 8,319,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga2email View Post
why do all the greenville cheerleades hate newyorkborn so much? newyorkborn usually has a balanced opinion of greenville. Points out good and bad things.
Probably for the same reason you love this poster. You both hate Greenville and the other posters love Greenville!

Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 AM

134 posts, read 262,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Probably for the same reason you love this poster. You both hate Greenville and the other posters love Greenville!
yes! I hate greenville mwhahaha

Old 07-31-2009, 06:24 AM

199 posts, read 492,947 times
Quote:
I don't hate NYB, I'm just not real tolerable of ignorance. When NYB posts how wonderful and compassionate NYC is because they are sending their homeless to Greenville instead of addressing the problem (for pure financial reasons), I feel compelled to call it out for what it is - ignorance (or see below). There are many other comment "gems" that NYB tosses onto this forum that also get called out.

I must have missed the good comments about Greenville in NYB's posts. But, NYB has the right to NYB's opinion and can share it here all day. But, if that opinion is negative and the argument for that opinion contains untrue facts, then expect it to be called out.

I really don't hate NYB. In fact, I don't even know NYB. Sometimes I think NYB is just throwing wild comments into the mix to be argumentative and to keep some life into this forum. I think it's funny and try to respond with my own version of wry wit - even though it is tough to beat "NYC is compassionate for giving its bums a 1 way ticket out of Dodge."

So, is it ignorance or is it humor? Is NYB the Andy Kaufman of the City -Data forum? Either way, it wouldn't be the same on here without you NYB!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:11 AM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,709 times
Quote:
I have no problem hearing different viewpoints. However, I do have a problem with someone when they refer to an entire of group of people as deadbeats and worse. It is uncalled for. Honestly, if someone doesn't like where they live for whatever reason, then figure out how to move somewhere else. Going on an internet board to name-call those who are happy with where they live is totally unnecessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area