Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times

Advertisements

It's not FiOS, and it's not U-verse, but at least it competes somewhat with Charter. You can get broadband (DSL) plus phone for $49.

I saw them upgrading the Verizon lines a few months ago on W. Georgia and the guys told me it was for the broadband upgrade.

Bummed to hear that FiOS won't be coming though.

My Charter phone + broadband special just ended, so I'll call Charter to see if they will extended it or I'll move on over to Verizon.

Verizon brings high-speed Internet to Simpsonville | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 AM

347 posts, read 980,485 times
I hope they come to Taylors so I can dump Charter.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
GOOD DOUBLE PLAY - Phone + Internet

Includes:
  • Verizon Freedom Value
  • High Speed Internet up to 1 Mbps
Special Offers:
  • Online orders get $5 OFF per month for one year
BETTER DOUBLE PLAY - Phone + Internet

Includes:
  • Verizon Freedom Essentials
  • High Speed Internet up to 3 Mbps
  • New feature!
    FREE Verizon Wi-Fi

Special Offers - Act Now! Expires 9/19:My address is not showing up as of today, but there is a DSL switching box basically right in my backyard. My phone number won't transfer from Charter either, so I would have to get a new one.

The price is guaranteed for two years.

For the FREE netbook, the taxes, S&H come out to about $70. MSRP of the Compaq 110 netbook is $299.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Default Wow

Depending upon what package you have with Charter, the 1 and 3 Mbps packages could be a serious downgrade. Just something to watch out for.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's not FiOS, and it's not U-verse, but at least it competes somewhat with Charter. You can get broadband (DSL) plus phone for $49.

I saw them upgrading the Verizon lines a few months ago on W. Georgia and the guys told me it was for the broadband upgrade.

Bummed to hear that FiOS won't be coming though.

My Charter phone + broadband special just ended, so I'll call Charter to see if they will extended it or I'll move on over to Verizon.

Verizon brings high-speed Internet to Simpsonville | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News
I must have a regular land line because of my job, so I don't have a bundle with Charter, just TV and internet. In Michigan, Charter was great and I had no problems dealing with them over the phone. I have heard so many complaints about them here however, that I went in to speak with them about my package and was given an introductory package good for a year that with taxes is just under $100.00. So I pay about $135.00 a month for my Charter services plus my landline with long distance through ECG. When I buy or move, I will seriously consider U-Verse. I don't know how much mentioning possibly switching helped me, but overall, it saved me about $20.00 a month.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 AM

347 posts, read 980,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
I must have a regular land line because of my job, so I don't have a bundle with Charter, just TV and internet. In Michigan, Charter was great and I had no problems dealing with them over the phone. I have heard so many complaints about them here however, that I went in to speak with them about my package and was given an introductory package good for a year that with taxes is just under $100.00. So I pay about $135.00 a month for my Charter services plus my landline with long distance through ECG. When I buy or move, I will seriously consider U-Verse. I don't know how much mentioning possibly switching helped me, but overall, it saved me about $20.00 a month.
When I canceled my television package with them because of terrible service, they offered me $50 off per month for six months or a year (I don't remember which), but I still decided to give them the least amount of money possible by just sticking with their internet service and no TV or phone. I really really dislike Charter.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
I figured it was less hassle for me at the moment as I expect to be moving to another location or buying within the year anyway. So far, my experience has been only positive, and I am hoping no problems arise.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
Charter has been irritating to deal with but my service has been very reliable. My only real issue has been the "after school slowdown" when all the kids get online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area