Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Wade Hampton Blvd. and the Taylors area can handle the traffic. Bring these developments out that way.
True - Didn't think of that! The development around the new Target in Taylors is great over there, and I'm glad Simpsonville has got things like Ross and Pier One & Kohl's, but I would think even slightly higher-end things could work in a variety of areas in the metro. Maybe the big development going up in Easley will bring more Woodruff/Haywood-type stuff to another part of our area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Just PLEASE bring me a Trader Joes in the area, I don't care where - anywhere around Greenville. And, while I may not like the idea of having a development near Target in Taylors since I'm purchasing a home right near there, I surely wouldn't mind if TJ's goes in that area, nope, not at all!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Not to get us too far off topic, but I would like to see Trader Joe's anchor a nice mixed-use development in the North End near Stone Avenue. I think it would do really well there, especially if it were somewhere on Main. I realize that would take some land purchases to clear enough space for something like that, but such a development is the catalyst I think the North End needs.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Not to get us too far off topic, but I would like to see Trader Joe's anchor a nice mixed-use development in the North End near Stone Avenue. I think it would do really well there, especially if it were somewhere on Main. I realize that would take some land purchases to clear enough space for something like that, but such a development is the catalyst I think the North End needs.
That would be PRIMO! That area is ripe for just that sort of thing.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yay, more big box stores. Costco wasn't enough. How about we just build a Walmart there too just to make it perfect. Where's the Cheesecake Factory, Trader Joes, Urban Outfitters, Z Gallerie, Apple, etc. at?

It'd be awesome if Greenville got a Cheesecake Factory and an Urban Outfitters!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:11 PM

47 posts, read 127,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yay, more big box stores. Costco wasn't enough. How about we just build a Walmart there too just to make it perfect. Where's the Cheesecake Factory, Trader Joes, Urban Outfitters, Z Gallerie, Apple, etc. at?
Those big box stores open up a lot of part time jobs for people who need them. Any business is good business.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by post_gallant View Post
Those big box stores open up a lot of part time jobs for people who need them. Any business is good business.
Agreed.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
A few years later and not much has changed if at all. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area