Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 AM

68 posts, read 132,395 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with the millenium apartments ? We are going to have to move fast next month and need a nice place to temporarily stay while we find a house. I have a family with elementary school aged children. Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:48 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPK View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the millenium apartments ? We are going to have to move fast next month and need a nice place to temporarily stay while we find a house. I have a family with elementary school aged children. Any input would be appreciated.
I live nearby and actually rode through this past week.

The apartments have great access to the interstates (85 and 385), shopping, and dining (both on Haywood and Woodruff Rds). They appear to be very nice from the exterior, and has gated entries. They are in the City limits of Greenville and the City is in process of planning and implementing (soon) new sidewalks, bike paths, and landscaping along Fairforest Way, which serves the complex's main entrance.

The area behind the rear of the complex (down Ridge Road) is a bit seedy to be honest. However, it's a very large development and should be easy to distance yourself from the rear. It also appears to be well buffered with trees, landscaping and such. From a recent ride through to see the development, I noticed lots of nicer model cars (BMW's, Lexus's among the Toyota's, Ford's, etc), most of which all had out-of-state tags.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,970 times
We lived there for 15 months.... We found the maintenance to be lazy and negligent. They also attempted to take advantage of us upon moving out and we were forced to threaten to complain to the attorney general and housing authority. However, we should have complained months ealier...as soon as there was a gun shot in the complex, very close to our apartment. Not recommended at all, but especially for families with young children. It looks nice, but unless you're looking for a frat party at the pool daily, it's not for you....

Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM

145 posts, read 356,436 times
Yeah I have lived here three months and I will say a few things here... only one trash dump and its at the far end of complex so you have to haul your own trash somehow.... speed bumps are the biggest Ive seen...only one mail location... not enough parking in certain spots and last but not least they have a policy about parking your vehicle forward only

Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 PM

54 posts, read 219,090 times
Hubby lived there from 3/09 to 7/09 when we moved from Atl....never had a problem feeling secure although we were closer to the front/office area of the complex. 3 year old loved the pool and I loved the computer access area and gym since we we did not have internet access in the apt....paying for house and apt stretched our budget.

I loved the fact that it was new....we had a second floor unit b/c we weren't sure how long we would be there with the real estate market---we had the bonus area/loft and it was great to have the extra space up there but feel like our living room would have been bigger without it.

It is probably one of the pricier complexes because it is new.

Don't remember the parking policy....that must be new. We never had a problem with the parking or trash but probably because it was still unfinished at that point.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,846 times
I would definitely not recommend this place, was a nice place to live for a few months until they put in the worst speed bumps ever. The maintenance is lazy i agree with that. They change you rent payment around without notice, just because they think they can. The come up with new rules all the time about living there without informing anyone. That dumpster is in an awful location I remember when i first moved in I walked around the whole complex until i found it. You would think it would be next to the front gate, clearly that requires to much thought for Rohman management. This may have been the new trendy place to live at first but it has gone downhill. Im still wondering when that supposed volleyball court will be finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area