Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 11:47 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,700 times

Advertisements

Ok this may be a crazy question but I swear to God I just seen a wolf out side in my front yard. And no I have not been smoking anything lol Do we have wolf here in SC? It was brown in color and for sure not a fox. And for sure not a dog either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,937 times
Could it have been a hybrid dog/wolf? Or maybe a coyote? I know in MI people often confuse the two. South Carolina Coyote

Old 03-02-2010, 12:05 AM

It could had been it was that color I was going to go check the front door to see if i locked it. And happen to look out the window and thought I was seeing things. And there coming up the drive way was a frigging wolf! Well at least it looked like a wolf but from that picture it very well could had been the coyote. Scary either way!! I had just let the dogs back in from outside. Thank God that thing was not out there then.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM

But after looking my self I found this as well And it was more skinny like this and had more of this shape head. But of course maybe it was just a skinny coyote. Cause this animal they say is very endangered so most likely was not it. But it sure did look a lot like this. Red Wolf (Canis rufus) - Wiki

Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 AM

27 posts, read 105,987 times
we don't have wolves on the east coast, but do have coyotes. it was either a coyote or a fox.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,874,111 times
Probably a coyote.....they are more common to this area. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
I'd contact the Greenville office for the Department of Natural Resources to see if there is a documented problem or just isolated sightings in your area and what precautions you should take if you have animals and/or kids. It's good that you jumped on the forum to get more information.....once you get the facts from the DNR, you can distribute the factual information to your neighbors and community so that you all can watch out for one anothers kids and pets. Let us know what you find out......

Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 287,314 times
Default crazy question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Probably a coyote.....they are more common to this area. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
I'd contact the Greenville office for the Department of Natural Resources to see if there is a documented problem or just isolated sightings in your area and what precautions you should take if you have animals and/or kids. It's good that you jumped on the forum to get more information.....once you get the facts from the DNR, you can distribute the factual information to your neighbors and community so that you all can watch out for one anothers kids and pets. Let us know what you find out......
Chris / Tinabean has given you good advise // report your sighting.
You may not see it again, but you can bet it will be back, today, tonight , next week ,day or night.
Coyotes are skidish but bold it knows there is food living there and won't hesatate to snach and run. ; kill and drag it off.
Your life style has just changed. Keep the dogs in sight at all times and carry a big stick; (a Bat).
Sorry for the gloom and doom Chris, hate to hear you had a loss.
ody
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area