Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
And how many of those things are at Cherrydale? I think the Dress Barn/Shoe Carnival/STAX/Radio Shack crowd is different than the downtown or Woodruff Rd. shopper. No need to get so defensive of any (potentially) negative comment on this board. Perhaps Cherrydale is ready for an "alternative grocer" and farm-to-table restaurant. I'm just saying it would be a risk in that location, imo.
There used to be a health food-type store right across from Cherrydale until recently. Don't know if they had a restaurant/cafe. I forget what it was called...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:47 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytestar View Post
That's a really good point. Do you think this area draws much from Furman and Traveler's Rest? We will be living 3 miles from Cherrydale, in Dellwood, and our neighbors have already said that a healthy alternative is needed that is closer than out on Woodruff. There is Fresh Market, but it's more of a gourmet store. And Garners doesn't do food.

But we're totally open to BBQ or even a healthy version of Meat and Three. Lovin' the conversation. Thanks!
If you open the store/cafe you described earlier, I'll be your first customer. I have some mountain biking buddies in the Paris Mt. area that will join me, too! We live much closer to Cherrydale than Woodruff, yet make the drive there all the time to get good organic food at WF.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
There used to be a health food-type store right across from Cherrydale until recently. Don't know if they had a restaurant/cafe. I forget what it was called...
Not a good omen for the OP, yet maybe it was more of an advertising/publicity problem than anything else. Do you know if it's gone?

Anyone know what it was/is?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM

27 posts, read 80,720 times
LOL....that's the property we're looking at. It did not close for financial reasons.

ART...awesome!!!! If we are able to move forward on this project we'll look forward to meeting you!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,765 times
Quote:
That's a really good point. Do you think this area draws much from Furman and Traveler's Rest? We will be living 3 miles from Cherrydale, in Dellwood, and our neighbors have already said that a healthy alternative is needed that is closer than out on Woodruff. There is Fresh Market, but it's more of a gourmet store. And Garners doesn't do food.

But we're totally open to BBQ or even a healthy version of Meat and Three. Lovin' the conversation. Thanks!
There is definitely draw from TR that I can attest to. I have family in TR that shops there, and my wife and I frequent Cherrydale from our part of Taylors, as well. Both of us would enjoy a healthier alternative to the fast food that we usually end up eating when we're there -- provided it's not too expensive.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:37 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
And how many of those things are at Cherrydale? I think the Dress Barn/Shoe Carnival/STAX/Radio Shack crowd is different than the downtown or Woodruff Rd. shopper. No need to get so defensive of any (potentially) negative comment on this board. Perhaps Cherrydale is ready for an "alternative grocer" and farm-to-table restaurant. I'm just saying it would be a risk in that location, imo.
I wasn't getting defensive. I was asking you a legitimate question based on your post. You referred to "this area," and given the usual tone of your posts I took that to mean the Greenville area in general - not Cherrydale. If you meant Cherrydale specifically, you should have said so.

I agree that Cherrydale is ready for what you mentioned, and would support it well - especially given the wealthier subdivisions nearby.

Oh, and the natural foods store in the Cherrydale area was Pott's Natural Foods. I don't know why it closed.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,842,912 times
love cherrydale, when I lived in that part of town it was the only decent shopping are near me, I think a store like what you all are talking about could do very well there, especially with subdivisions like montebello and other paris mtn folks being not far away at all

we do not need any more bbq's or meat and threes in SC, lol, thats just throwing money down the toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Oh, and the natural foods store in the Cherrydale area was Pott's Natural Foods. I don't know why it closed.
I think part of the problem is that was a terrible location, hard to get to, hard to see, etc. I didn't even know it was there until a few months before they closed.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM

105 posts, read 383,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
I think part of the problem is that was a terrible location, hard to get to, hard to see, etc. I didn't even know it was there until a few months before they closed.
that location is a bit difficult to get in and out of.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:25 PM

27 posts, read 80,720 times
Hi All,
Well, it looks like we'll be reopening Potts Natural Food Store, featuring the Cornbread Cafe. Healthy, home-cooked organic farm to the table lunches and take-away for dinner, plus a coffee, tea, fresh vegie juice and whole food smoothie bar. We will be looking for locally prepared pickles, relishes, jams and jellies to stock our shelves so if anyone knows of anyone looking for a venue, please let them know. Hoping to open in mid-June. EEEK! That's right around the corner! Thanks for all your help! Cya soon!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytestar View Post
Hi All,
Well, it looks like we'll be reopening Potts Natural Food Store, featuring the Cornbread Cafe. Healthy, home-cooked organic farm to the table lunches and take-away for dinner, plus a coffee, tea, fresh vegie juice and whole food smoothie bar. We will be looking for locally prepared pickles, relishes, jams and jellies to stock our shelves so if anyone knows of anyone looking for a venue, please let them know. Hoping to open in mid-June. EEEK! That's right around the corner! Thanks for all your help! Cya soon!
Woohoo! Keep us updated as the date gets closer and good luck with everything. Looking forward to checking out the place when it (re)opens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area