Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM

212 posts, read 492,541 times

Advertisements

I was not impressed with legendarys quality at all. We went through a few models and the attention to detail was horrible. Paint was sloppy and the flashing outside of the front was messy. It wasnt for us. We were however VERY impressed with ryan homes (which are starting to build in five forks plantation)... Beautiful neighborhood. IMO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 AM

51 posts, read 68,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preparing2move View Post
I was not impressed with legendarys quality at all. We went through a few models and the attention to detail was horrible. Paint was sloppy and the flashing outside of the front was messy. It wasnt for us. We were however VERY impressed with ryan homes (which are starting to build in five forks plantation)... Beautiful neighborhood. IMO!
I had just the opposite impression. Legendary homes felt solid and architecturally more impressive.

Ryan homes felt flimsy and stuck in the 2005 mentality of building a home- a box with a garage.

Not saying i'm right, or you're wrong, just giving my opinion.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:16 PM

212 posts, read 492,541 times
Tokensmth, Did you see the ryan homes at Estates at Highgrove? They are full brick estate homes and beautifully built. Im sure the "cheaper" vinyl sided homes are not near as nice. Buy New Homes in Estates at Highgrove - Ryan Homes. These are being built at five forks plantation now. Just beautiful homes.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:47 PM

51 posts, read 68,003 times
@preparing2move, yes, those were the ones I saw. Felt like a Beezer home- if you remember them. Just wasn't impressed at all.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,066 times
My husband and I are considering Legendary but we would like some feedback from previous owner.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 PM

113 posts, read 244,812 times
Default You may wish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfranklin1230 View Post
My husband and I are considering Legendary but we would like some feedback from previous owner.
...to look through here. And search the board for other threads as well.

//www.city-data.com/forum/green...es-buyers.html

Old 03-25-2014, 01:43 PM

24 posts, read 34,226 times
Possibly thats the listing, although it was associated with advertising.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM

5 posts, read 4,507 times
You can add me to the people having issues with our new legendary
Home as well as our next door neighbor. We purchased in shellbrooke plantation. When we first started the build all was great then they decided to grade the house next door and then shortly after our lot as well.
We payed a lot premium of $6500 dollars yet all they did was destroy the lot with their faulty grading. We constantly complained about the slope that had been created and asked for a fix. I asked for a small retaining wall to level it out. They said it was too expensive and that legendary wouldn't pay but said don't worry we will make it look nice and you will be happy.

Our construction was delayed almost 3 months due to a mistake made on our foundation making us have to close on the house because even though we were not happy with the slope our lease on our previous home was up. Once we closed I advised the builder that I was unhappy and I asked about a retaining wall being put in again. They said they could not. About a month ago they took all of our gutters and placed ugly black piping throught the front and back of the home supposedly because of a drainage issue with the neighbors house. Again I asked about a retaining wall... They said no. Remember I payed a premium for this lot.

The other day I had time to speak to our neighbor because the entire side of our house and his is a swamp. It is virtually impassable. He then told me that when he asked why the builder didn't sod the side of our home that the response he received was because we chose the pine straw on the clay vs sod. That could not be further from the truth. It turns out the house wouldn't pass inspection with sod because of the slant of the slope so they put pine straw in order to make it impassable and pass inspection. This is what our builder gave me as an excuse for not putting in sod. At this point 2 months later the erosion is causing our foundation under the house to be visible and we have an impassable swampy fungus gathering wet area causing issues to our neighbors house between us.

To make matters worse today legendary has started construction on a retaining wall for a spec home that had the same issue yet nowhere near as bad as mine. When i asked if it could be done to solve the issue that my neighbor and myself were facing I was told no. They new this would be a problem and i gave them the idea of a wall many times yet they ignored it

This is just one issue of the manny that myself and neighbor are having so please be careful with these people they don't seem to care once you have closed on the home

Last edited by coug100; 03-25-2014 at 03:32 PM..

Old 07-14-2014, 07:53 PM

180 posts, read 341,534 times
Legendary Homes has been bought by Meritage Homes Corp. based out of Arizona. New Headquarters are going to be located in Atlanta,GA. Does this mean Meritage Homes will be building their home plans here in Greenville? I do like the look of the homes built by Meritage, so hopefully they will do well in this area.
Meritage Homes: Top Ten Home Builder
GSA Business | Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area