Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:02 PM

54 posts, read 219,145 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a reliable and honest company to do a small bit of grading and do the labor on some flagstone for a new patio/pond surround in Simpsonville. No actual pond work/plumbing/digging is needed, we have just decreased the size of the pond need the finishing touches done. Just the stone work around the pond, path to deck stairs and small patio area.

I do check on the BBB for all contractors I hire so if they are not listed or have below a B on the BBB grading scale, I am not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 AM

98 posts, read 253,633 times
I am interested in this myself. Someone with quality work and decent prices. I need a small patio and fireplace.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 AM

80 posts, read 227,017 times
I too am in need of a patio. I have calls out with 4 people and have not heard anything back (been over a week). No loss to me, they didn't earn my business. I am still trying to figure out if i want to go concrete or get a paver/brick patio and sidewalk done.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,373 times
Write this down. Premier Wall Systems - Caleb Marlowe 864-680-9817.
They just built us an outdoor fireplace that is about 10 feet high, has a 44 X 24 firebox and a wood storage box beneath the firebox. They did it all in 1 day and did a great job at what we think is a great price. I did do a little dickering with them on price. They even brought the wood to fill the storage box. They want to come back and build me a wall and flagstone my patio. Whey I do it they will get the call.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 PM

288 posts, read 949,181 times
Yes, call Caleb at Premier Wall Systems. They are fabulous. They redid our front porch with flagstone and synthetic stone, which involved a lot of custom work. I was so happy with the porch that I got them to build a large mortared, natural stone raised bed while they were still on the job site. They are extremely skilled and professional. Caleb is also happy to offer design suggestions and figure out ways to work within your budget. If you call them, please PM me and I'll give you my name. I'd like Caleb to know that I'm recommending him.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:04 AM

915 posts, read 2,424,194 times
I would HIGHLY recommend Stef & Sons out of Greer. They did a stone walkway and stacked stone wall for us 1 year ago, and did an incredible job. We got quotes from 5 companies, and they are not only made me feel the most comfortable with their work history, but they were also very reasonable in terms of price. They got the job done, and it's awesome. 5th generation masons, working here in the Upstate since 1994.

Here is their number: 864.895.9941

Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 AM

I had a quote from Stef & Sons and agree that they are a high-class company. Very knowledgeable, experienced and easy to work with. But they were also one of the most expensive quotes I had. If my budget had been higher, I would probably have gone with them. I decided to go with Premier because Caleb offered design advice and focused on the big picture, which was making the best investment. For example, Stef & Sons was going to do solid slabs for the steps, at about $250 each. Premier agreed that that would look nice but would be overkill for our house and neighborhood. Instead, we did the steps with three pieces of stone. This saved a ton and created almost the same appearance. I'd say either of these companies would be an excellent choice, depending on your situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for reliable stone work company-oldporch.jpg   Looking for reliable stone work company-newporch.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 AM

54 posts, read 219,145 times
Thanks for the info, I'll be calling Caleb this week to get a quote.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 AM

80 posts, read 227,017 times
I was trying to get more info on Premiere Wall but can't find a site. Does anyone have a website for them? I wanted to check out their work and see some pictures.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM

I don't believe Premier has a web site. Apparently, they get enough business just from word of mouth. They do have a binder of photos they'll happily show you if they come out to give you a quote. Or you can visit their office location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area