Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Oh, CA. I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I sure hope you get some relief from heatbreak soon. (((HUGS)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
Tami...Thanks for caring! My cat is trying to stick around. But I know his time may be limited. If he seems to be in a lot of pain or gets worse I'll have him put to sleep...Don't want him to suffer and suffer.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Tami...Thanks for caring! My cat is trying to stick around. But I know his time may be limited. If he seems to be in a lot of pain or gets worse I'll have him put to sleep...Don't want him to suffer and suffer.
I hear you, CA. I have had TPTS so many animals in my adult life....2 in one year 3 years ago. One of those cats was 26 years old!!! I had her for 25 of them. The other was 15, young, compared to Missy.

My dog is 12, my parakeet is 10, my parrot is 14. I know I don't have too much time left with Mickey, the dog or Charlie, my keet. My parrot will probably outlive me. His life expectancy is 35 years. He's a small parrot.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
CA, sorry to hear about your cat. I think of you often, and I want you to know you are in my prayers and thoughts often. Another loss to endure, my goodness. Take good care of You!!! xxxoo

Old 11-21-2012, 06:30 AM

tamizluv...Hope your dog and parakeet and parrot have long lives...My cat is trying to "hold-up" and be "okay." My husband and son did this for a long time too...But in the end I guess we can't really "dodge" or "cheat" death forever...My Dad developed cancer years ago and he went into remission and the cancer never came back. But it just doesn't happen this way for everyone. (Unfortunately.)...Anyway thanks for caring. I'm glad my cat perked-up a bit for Thanksgiving! But my son's cat seems depressed. So I'm trying to give her some special attention right now. She lost her "sister" a few weeks ago and my son.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 AM

smilinpretty...Thanks for caring. I hope you do okay during the holidays. Sending you a hug!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM

I'm so sad right now. I just got off the phone with my cousin in California. His mother, my Dad's baby sister and last living sibling of the 6 of them, had a stroke Tuesday morning and then had another one on top of it and is brain dead and not expected to live. Tuesday I was going to call her but evry time I remembered and looked at the clock, it was either too early or too late, California time, so I never did until this afternoon.

Doug said he would tell his Mom that I had called and that I love her. He'll call me when she passes. I sure wish I had the money to fly out there for the wake and funeral.

Auntie and her late husband adopted Doug when he was a baby and he gave her many a problem when he grew up. I remember the stories my Dad told me that Auntie told him. Auntie basically raised Doug by herself because her husband died a few years after they adopted Doug and moved to California. She never remarried. Chose not to. She gave me hugs and love via telephone when Earl died earlier this year. She knew all about widowhood.

Oh, Auntie, I am going to miss our conversations and knowing you were the last living sibling of Daddy's out there. Say hi to everyone for me.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
{{{{Tami}}}} So sad, and especially this time of year. Thinking of you and wishing you peace.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:52 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
{{{{Tami}}}} So sad, and especially this time of year. Thinking of you and wishing you peace.
I also join Marcy and all your other poster friends in wishing you peace. (((HUGS)))

Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM

379 posts, read 533,410 times
Hugs to you tami, so sorry you are going through this right now.

tngirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning