Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,186,935 times

Advertisements

Well I will give you what I went through since I was a widow at 32 .. Very young but I waited 9 yrs and the kids were out of the house before I even thought about dating and waited 11 yrs to marry again .... It was my choice but a lifetime is hard without someone and fortunately I found a very good man whom im sure would have been friends with my husband if the sittuation were reversed .. My husband died when an elderly man decided to get behind the wheel and had a stroke and ran over my husband while he was out jogging . It happens but I knew i had to move on I was too young to go through the rest of my life alone . Im sure my husband would have remarried if he were able to find someone and if I had been the one to go . Im glad for Lisa and I wish her well and I did not know that Patrick was a heavy hitter with the alcohol . I know that Jennifer Grey was hit hard by his death too because she did say he was a very nice man .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,604,607 times
Patrick was a heavy drinker and smoker, but he was still in top physical shape. I think that could be why he was able to fight the cancer for so long. I remember a wonderful interview Barbara Walters did with him for 20/20 (I think), and he was just amazing. But, his demons were known. He crashed a plane he was flying in Arizona, and it was reported at the time that the authorities found alcohol in his plane. I don't know if that's true, thought.

Actor Patrick Swayze Survives in Aircraft Accident

Part of Patrick's interview with Barbara Walters--he and Lisa talk about how things will be after he's gone...

TV Shark - Patrick Swayze's Barbara Walters Interview (Video)

Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,315,889 times
Folks, I need to gently remind you this is the Grief forum - we've kind of drifted off and this convo may best belong in another forum such as Celebrities since we're not really discussing grief or the recovery process. We will leave it open for a bit, but if it is moved I will leave a redirect. Thanks for understanding.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 AM

25 posts, read 34,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Marcy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I fully understand what you say. I lost my husband 15 weeks ago, I struggle with grief and loss. I was in love with my husband, he made me laugh so much. No man could compare to him. When my DH died, part of me died. I don't even know if I am going to make it. I feel so sad, unhappy, dead inside.
I, too, am glad to hear Lisa is finally dating. I can be honest, I can't wait for that time to come, but for now, I miss my sweetie so much. I look at pictures of him almost everyday and tell him I miss him. He was the love of my life. I can't feel any emotions and I am a mess.
I'm so sorry about the pain your feeling after the death of your husband, I truly cannot imagine. Please be encouraged that your raw, deep pain will not always remain in the intensity you feel right now. You need to realize that anyone who experienced so much love with and for their husband will be a beautiful asset to the world. I mean that. Your heart is broken, but girl you know how to love...there are endless people that can be touched by that. This world needs more of your kind of love and it encourages me to see it. Healing will come and joy will return, in ways you may never expect. Blessings and peace to you!

Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,351,791 times
Michael Landon died of pancreatic cancer too.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,380,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Michael Landon died of pancreatic cancer too.
P's widow----It's good she's getting out.
She seems like a lovely lady, with a lot of life left, who deserves to feel happy again.

Michael Landon: A great man, who happened to hold the same vices: heavy drinking and smoking.

Yes, the three have been linked!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 AM

261 posts, read 498,718 times
Patrick seemed so vulnerable. I wasn't really attracted to him sexually, but was very pulled to his genuine persona and felt like I wanted to protect him as I would a brother. I cannot say this about but just a few celebrities, but Patrick is one that still brings a sadness when I think of him.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,280,042 times
I just saw a new commercial for the Cancer Centers of America. It shows the lady who had pancreatic cancer 10 years ago and is still alive. Hubby and I would watch her and a couple of other commercials for CCoA and wish he could go there. Of course I wanted closest but he wanted Arizona. He always wanted to go there. Arizona that is. Sadly we could not afford and even if we could, there are the animals that can't be left. His insurance would not cover it also.

BUT, I was thinking how wonderful that the lady is still alive! I wonder why Patrick did not try them? I wonder what their success and survival rate is for these cancers? Pancreatic/esophageal? Those two are especially deadly.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,230,340 times
We knew a man that survived pancreatic cancer and he had it in the early 70's and survived. I had not known it was deadly until Michael Landon got it. Back in those days, had no computer to look up the facts. I believe that pancreatic cancer is silent until it is too late but if one can get it in time, they are able to treat it. One of my dear friend's went to the Cancer Center in Illinois, before it came to Phoenix, and they can do only so much, but when the cancer spreads to other parts of your body, your odds of surviving become less.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,604,607 times
Pancreatic cancer is now becoming one of the more common cancers because people are getting diagnosed earlier. It's still 75% fatal because it's hard to catch early, but depending on where the cancer is in the pancreas and whether or not it's spread all figures into your chance of survival. Cancer Treatment Centers are big on insurance. If you have iffy insurance or none at all, they won't see you. They evaluate you based on how much your insurance will pay. My friend took her husband to CTC's Phoenix one, and they denied him due to inadequate insurance. He died a month after they got back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning