Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 03:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times

Advertisements

Keep a watchful eye on that tick bite, cyn! All you need is Lyme disease.

I didn't know PayPal took out money unless you BUY something. Your hubby was a seller. I am still confused. Must be the blonde in me.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:37 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
I got an evil tick bite
I am so sorry CYN!!!

Old 06-18-2015, 05:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Keep a watchful eye on that tick bite, cyn! All you need is Lyme disease.

I didn't know PayPal took out money unless you BUY something. Your hubby was a seller. I am still confused. Must be the blonde in me.
Yes, I am watching the tick bite carefully. I agree--I sure don't need Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Feaver!
Paypal removes any money used for postal fees, sellers fees and even for payments on the paypal credit card. Since both cards were in my DH's name and he'd agreed years ago to how it all worked. I don't understand it myself so that is why I have to get the account in my name only. Right now nothing is good timing. But that is nothing new. Don't think there is ever good timing for this sort of thing.
My sister called me bright and chipper this morning at 4am to tell me what her DH had already told me yesterday. I guess she just wanted to talk....but 4am? So I've been up since then. She will remain in the hospital for awhile it appears which is a good thing. It's going to be a long day.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:01 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Hope you went to bed early this evening Cyn.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:12 AM

I did and thank you Maila and Dude for your concerns! Feel much better this morning. It rained last night--finally--but I need to mow since it's cooler this morning--guess I'll just hope the grass isn't that wet. It's not too thick and long because of the lack of rain lately so it's mostly those stray tall weeds I'll be mowing.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 06-19-2015, 11:32 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Cyn, you were thinking about getting a BBQ in your yard for your neighbors when they help you with paint work? Might as well get it done before its August. Usually it gets really warm in August for us.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:52 AM

It's going to be way to hot for painting anything in the near future and besides I will still need to buy the paint and right now that isn't going to happen--just can't afford it. Besides this time of year we have almost daily downpours--that is what it does here in the summer--hot and rain! At least the rain cools things off for a short time until it turns to steam! This is very unusual for this kind of heat here this time of year--breaking records--I am getting pretty tired of breaking records all year long. Cold records last winter and now this. UGH! We usually start this kind of heat in July and it goes through Sept.
There is one of those wicked wildfires in CA in the San Bernardino mountains very close to the house my father built in our small town. That is one big thing I do not miss about CA. Those are horrible! I lost my home a few years ago to one of those fires.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:07 AM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It's going to be way to hot for painting anything in the near future and besides I will still need to buy the paint and right now that isn't going to happen--just can't afford it. Besides this time of year we have almost daily downpours--that is what it does here in the summer--hot and rain! At least the rain cools things off for a short time until it turns to steam! This is very unusual for this kind of heat here this time of year--breaking records--I am getting pretty tired of breaking records all year long. Cold records last winter and now this. UGH! We usually start this kind of heat in July and it goes through Sept.
There is one of those wicked wildfires in CA in the San Bernardino mountains very close to the house my father built in our small town. That is one big thing I do not miss about CA. Those are horrible! I lost my home a few years ago to one of those fires.
The church I went to in California shared a camp and conference center called de Benneville Pines, that has been evacuated due to the wild fires. I never went there but it was an important spot for many of my California friends.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:45 AM

Wildfires are just sad....really sad.

I do have a good news story to tell....yesterday this old German Shepard wandered into my yard to cool off under one of my trees while I was mowing. The dog had a choke chain but no ID on but I could see she was tired and probably very hungry and thirsty. When my one neighbor drove by he just told me to call the pound. We all know I don't do that. But the dog seemed very interested in my friends black truck. Anyhow my wonderful neighbors who cared for my animals when I had to be in the hospital with my DH took pictures of the dog and posted them on FB. Immediately a lady called and said it was her dog and it had dementia and was partially blind. It came from town all the way to our little area--her daughter took it out for a bathroom break and it thundered and the dog ran away. That was last Wed. So she had been out on her own for 2 long hot days in her condition and scared to death. The lady came up and got her dog--the dog was so happy and the woman drove a black SUV--I'm sure that was why the dog seemed so interested in my neighbors black truck. Happy ending--made my day!

Old 06-20-2015, 11:12 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Wildfires are just sad....really sad.

I do have a good news story to tell....yesterday this old German Shepard wandered into my yard to cool off under one of my trees while I was mowing. The dog had a choke chain but no ID on but I could see she was tired and probably very hungry and thirsty. When my one neighbor drove by he just told me to call the pound. We all know I don't do that. But the dog seemed very interested in my friends black truck. Anyhow my wonderful neighbors who cared for my animals when I had to be in the hospital with my DH took pictures of the dog and posted them on FB. Immediately a lady called and said it was her dog and it had dementia and was partially blind. It came from town all the way to our little area--her daughter took it out for a bathroom break and it thundered and the dog ran away. That was last Wed. So she had been out on her own for 2 long hot days in her condition and scared to death. The lady came up and got her dog--the dog was so happy and the woman drove a black SUV--I'm sure that was why the dog seemed so interested in my neighbors black truck. Happy ending--made my day!
That just made my day, cyn! I so love happy ending animal stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.