Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2018, 03:10 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

elko I went on line and the cost for replacement sounds reasonable..."How much does it cost to replace a crankshaft position sensor?
The average cost for a Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement is between $99 and $297. Labor costs are estimated between $44 and $156 while parts are priced between $55 and $141. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement Cost - RepairPal Estimate
https://repairpal.com/estimator/crankshaft-position-sensor-replacement-cost"

Unexpected expenses.....but at least your not getting ripped off. That you are at the high end...is probably because of the emergency nature of your problem.....on the road...so to speak.
-

Old 07-12-2018, 03:36 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
elko I went on line and the cost for replacement sounds reasonable..."How much does it cost to replace a crankshaft position sensor?
The average cost for a Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement is between $99 and $297. Labor costs are estimated between $44 and $156 while parts are priced between $55 and $141. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement Cost - RepairPal Estimate
https://repairpal.com/estimator/crankshaft-position-sensor-replacement-cost"

Unexpected expenses.....but at least your not getting ripped off. That you are at the high end...is probably because of the emergency nature of your problem.....on the road...so to speak.

Indeed, I think the dealer is being honest, though expensive with us!

Old 07-13-2018, 04:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Oh my elko! But at least you were able to get a honest person to do the repair work! That's not easy in today's world!
I forgot to take my anti anxiety medicine yesterday before I left for work and by early afternoon I was a mess. How sad that any drug can make you feel so badly just by missing one dose. Then I had to drive to my girlfriends to go get instructions for caring for my her fur babies for next week. Wow..She has one Macaw and he is massive, several rabbits, cats and 3 dogs. It is a big job and getting those instructions while feeling those effects from not taking my medicine was difficult. She will write everything down for me. I came home, took my medicine and went to bed. I felt so sick! I won't do that again! I had no idea that my body would go into a withdrawal after missing just one dose. Even my friend said that seemed strange to him but after reading I did find out just one day is enough for your body to react. Scary stuff. Would love to get off it forever but now I'm am terrified of even trying! Maybe down the road! Anyhow today is going to be good--I am determined to make it that way! I work tonight!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 07-13-2018 at 04:46 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh my elko! But at least you were able to get a honest person to do the repair work! That's not easy in today's world!
I forgot to take my anti anxiety medicine yesterday before I left for work and by early afternoon I was a mess. How sad that any drug can make you feel so badly just by missing one dose. Then I had to drive to my girlfriends to go get instructions for caring for my her fur babies for next week. Wow..She has one Macaw and he is massive, several rabbits, cats and 3 dogs. It is a big job and getting those instructions while feeling those effects from not taking my medicine was difficult. She will write everything down for me. I came home, took my medicine and went to bed. I felt so sick! I won't do that again! I had no idea that my body would go into a withdrawal after missing just one dose. Even my friend said that seemed strange to him but after reading I did find out just one day is enough for your body to react. Scary stuff. Would love to get off it forever but now I'm am terrified of even trying! Maybe down the road! Anyhow today is going to be good--I am determined to make it that way! I work tonight!
Have a blessed day everyone!
cyn.....when the time comes to consider getting off the anti anxiety medication.....let your doctor help .... I am sure she would cut the dosage before discontinuing it. There is nothing wrong with taking it. My DH takes an anti anxiety medication every day and it makes all the difference in the world to him. I never knew he was anxious....it doesnt show.....but he had disturbing thoughts. The medication frees him from that.
There is no reason to lower or d/c the dose....it is working.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:46 AM

Thank you elston. I need to hear that! For some reason I feel guilty for having to take a drug to feel okay! It does work and I can function when I take it. Guess I just want to know what normal feels like again but that may never happen honestly. Again thank you so much!

Old 07-13-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you elston. I need to hear that! For some reason I feel guilty for having to take a drug to feel okay! It does work and I can function when I take it. Guess I just want to know what normal feels like again but that may never happen honestly. Again thank you so much!

cyn.....feeling normal.....just maybe the way you feel on your best day with the medication..... Besides....normal ain't all its cracked up to be......and may not be the condition of the vast majority of us.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:50 AM

727 posts, read 152,009 times
Dont worry CYN its ok ...... Sometimes we need some help

No such thing as "Normal" remember elston .... Whatever is best FOR US is ok!! (NO one has a right to say a thing)

Old 07-13-2018, 07:56 AM

Thank you to you both! Not sure why I have such a stigma about drugs--probably because my poor sister has Myasthenia Gravis and Mersa so so basically has to live on drugs and I have seen her change so that concerns me! But If it helps that is what is important!

Old 07-13-2018, 08:05 AM

727 posts, read 152,009 times
Ya I dont like them either CYN so i understand......

Old 07-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Trying to stick by my old regime but am still not feeling well and I have to go to work in a bit. I'll be fine once I get there I am sure. still I am pretty anxious--will be so happy to get back on track!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.