Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 10:09 AM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No sah, elston! I had no idea you is an old geezer!

I can not wait for the temps to get down into the 80's. Or a break in the humidity. I am sick of being soggy.

Have you started seeing more out-of-state license plates? I have. 'Tis (almost) Season.

My doctor will be happier with me next check up. She has been trying to get me to go have my eyes checked for almost 2 years and I finally made an appointment for Monday. I think I will go back to single vision lenses and carry my readers in my pocketbook. Many times when I have my bi-focals on and look down when I am walking, I get dizzy from the difference the ground looks to my feet. I have learned to walk with my head pretty well down so I just see out the top and I am getting tired of that. My car and phone talk to me so I only need readers to read labels.

My insurance has their biggest discounts with Lens Crafters but the closest to me is Sarasota and Ft. Myers. I don't "do" Sarasota and I have never been to Ft. Myers, so I chose Eyeglass World in Port Charlotte. Next time I get glasses maybe I will venture down to Ft. Myers. Am I spelling that correctly, elston? My spell checker keeps wanting to put an extra e in there. Meyers. Doesn't look right to me.

Happy Fall everyone.
Thats correct tami.....Myers.....The lemons have that extra "e"....Meyers Lemons

I have lived here for almost 6 years and I still get mixed up. It was named after a Union Fort that was originally built in the wars against the Seminole Indians....

Old 09-22-2018, 10:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
When I eventually make it down your way, elston, I will be on the hunt for the QVC store I have heard is down there!! Mamma Mia! I could come back broke!!

Do you ever miss New England? I am always wishing I had family alive back home. I miss it terribly. I am a born and bred Mas$hole. Was it NH or Vt you used to live in, I forget. They are even better than Mass.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:13 AM

50,357 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
When I eventually make it down your way, elston, I will be on the hunt for the QVC store I have heard is down there!! Mamma Mia! I could come back broke!!

Do you ever miss New England? I am always wishing I had family alive back home. I miss it terribly. I am a born and bred Mas$hole. Was it NH or Vt you used to live in, I forget. They are even better than Mass.
I’m a Mas$hole too, tami. A Worcester girl, with some family still in Hopedale. I do miss the beautiful scenery, but not the taxes or crazy drivers.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Hi tami, I never heard of a QVC store down my way.

My New England roots run deep. I was born in Ipswich MA on the north shore....then after the folks moved around a bit...I lived in northern RI; then after college I lived in Providence RI then NH....eventually moved to Maine before moving down here to FL. The family homestead was in Framingham MA on the Natick Rd. ? and Portland ME.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m a Mas$hole too, tami. A Worcester girl, with some family still in Hopedale. I do miss the beautiful scenery, but not the taxes or crazy drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hi tami, I never heard of a QVC store down my way.

My New England roots run deep. I was born in Ipswich MA on the north shore....then after the folks moved around a bit...I lived in northern RI; then after college I lived in Providence RI then NH....eventually moved to Maine before moving down here to FL. The family homestead was in Framingham MA on the Natick Rd. ? and Portland ME.
A bunch of Mas$holes! I love it!

Some of my family used to be up in Paxton, gentlearts. I don't miss the income tax, yearly excise tax or inspection. Down here we have 2 sales tax! State and COUNTY!!! Each county is a different rate too! That's not cool.

elston, you must know where one of my houses were, Attleboro. Did you go to URI, Brown or Johnson and Wales?

Did either of you ever visit Plymouth? I basically grew up in a little village of Plymouth, called Manomet. Specifically White Horse Beach. I lived in the house after my last parent (Dad) died for a few years before I lost it and my house in Attleboro after hubby died. I was totally frozen in depression, fear of being all alone, so I drank myself stupid. My life basically sux now but I take it one day at a time. I sometimes thank God for letting me wake up in the morning. Sometimes I am in a bad mood and forget to count my blessings.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
A bunch of Mas$holes! I love it!

Some of my family used to be up in Paxton, gentlearts. I don't miss the income tax, yearly excise tax or inspection. Down here we have 2 sales tax! State and COUNTY!!! Each county is a different rate too! That's not cool.

elston, you must know where one of my houses were, Attleboro. Did you go to URI, Brown or Johnson and Wales?

Did either of you ever visit Plymouth? I basically grew up in a little village of Plymouth, called Manomet. Specifically White Horse Beach. I lived in the house after my last parent (Dad) died for a few years before I lost it and my house in Attleboro after hubby died. I was totally frozen in depression, fear of being all alone, so I drank myself stupid. My life basically sux now but I take it one day at a time. I sometimes thank God for letting me wake up in the morning. Sometimes I am in a bad mood and forget to count my blessings.
I used to drive thru N Attleboro regularly when I was living in Prov. and attending Boston University .....long commute to school.

I am so sorry to hear of your losses, fear and myriad problems. I sincerely hope that you find a way thru some of the sorrow and depression.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I used to drive thru N Attleboro regularly when I was living in Prov. and attending Boston University .....long commute to school.

I am so sorry to hear of your losses, fear and myriad problems. I sincerely hope that you find a way thru some of the sorrow and depression.
Oh, you went to BU! I see. Thanks, I don't mean to bum people out but have to vent my frustration of what I made out of my life. I don't get to talk with the people I live with because they ARE the problem.

I will survive. Just need to blow off steam occasionally.

Goodnight everyone.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:51 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
Well, so much for the idea of getting a new 2018 Nissan Sentra S. Mrs. elkotronics thinks I'm being materialistic and not spending our money wisely so, oh well, I'm gonna drive our 2011 Kia Soul and be happy with it.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Oh, you went to BU! I see. Thanks, I don't mean to bum people out but have to vent my frustration of what I made out of my life. I don't get to talk with the people I live with because they ARE the problem.

I will survive. Just need to blow off steam occasionally.

Goodnight everyone.
I went to grad school at BU School of Social Work.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Well, so much for the idea of getting a new 2018 Nissan Sentra S. Mrs. elkotronics thinks I'm being materialistic and not spending our money wisely so, oh well, I'm gonna drive our 2011 Kia Soul and be happy with it.
I am glad to hear that you are being flexible and accepting the input from Mrs. elkotronics. It doesnt sound as if you are going to be too "happy" with the Kia Soul......but I am proud of you.

Thoughts of New Cars must be "in the air" My DH saw a new Lexus (https://www.lexus.com/models/NX) that a teammate just purchased; he came home and told me how nice it was. Yesterday he decided to go over to the Lexus dealership to check it out. My reaction was very much like Mrs. Elko's We just finished paying off our Subaru and had decided that we would drive it for at least a year or two......still seems like a good plan to me.(besides IF we were going to buy a new car...I love the Subaru Forester)

Last edited by elston; 09-23-2018 at 05:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning