Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 03:57 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Ahhhh Deb--that is the best news I've had in a while! You must have known the last few days have been--well let's just say not great--pretty dark! I have been thinking so much of what you just said---it means so much to know it can happen. Boy I will be so happy when it does! Again my friend, thank you!

Old 05-28-2015, 05:12 AM

And Deb...please do stop in once in awhile. Your posts are always helpful!

Old 05-28-2015, 05:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Wonderful post, smilin'. Yes, you have come a long way, baby! I feel so happy for you.

See, cyn, it does happen. Just takes time. No rushing yourself. It will come on its own.

HAGD.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:08 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,062 times
Lovely post smilinn!

Morning Cyn and friends. Cyn, are garage sales popular in your area? Do you think the cloths will get a better chance if you sell them this way or online? Just an idea.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 AM

Garage sales are huge here but people don't get much $$ for clothes. I am considering that for my crystal serving dishes and large decorative porcelain items though. The shipping is just to much for those heavy things. The clothes that don't sell online will go to the homeless shelter or Goodwill. I am just not up to having a yard sale right now....my energy level is low and I'm trying to concentrate on getting the transmission parts gone. I called the guy this morning and now he said he's trying to come up with the rest of the money---last time we talked it was for lack of room to put the things so I don't know.....But he will eventually get the parts and then I will have the room to rent for storage maybe!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:06 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,062 times
ya, especially if its too warm, it will be very hard to do the garage sales now. Another option is to find a store that sells gently used cloths and see if they are interested in buying your cloths.
Something will work out. I am sure

Old 05-28-2015, 08:40 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,757 times
Hugs everyone!!!

Grief has a way of taking you by the shoulders and shaking you so hard your body becomes limp. Grief determines what kind of day you will have and determines your appetite. Grief will introduce to you "overwhelm". Overwhelm will determine if you are up to opening your mail, getting out of bed, talking on the phone, doing house work or any kind of chores. Grief will introduce you to depression. Depression brings on negative thoughts and it sets the mood for the day. Grief will introduce anxiety. Anxiety sets boundaries and limitations on your activities. Grief will introduce to you sadness and emotional pain. You feel weepy and emotional and at times you can cry at the drop of a pin or just the mention or thought of your deceased love one. Grief wears many hats and plays many roles. Sometimes you take five steps forward and you feel as if you are making progress and BOOM, something happens and you find yourself taking seven steps backward. When a person is in grief they are not aware of things they do at times or what they say and sometimes the decisions made are not the right ones but please don't beat yourself up, it is just the many hats grief wears.

I assure you all, as our journey moves forward and continues in life, the turmoil of emotions will dissipate and life will present itself in a new playing field. Everyday is a new day and everyday is a new beginning. I try to smile as often as I can. If I am out shopping, I smile at the shoppers around me and you will be surprised how many people smile back at you. I enjoy laughing and I laugh as much as I am able to. The first 18 months of grief I seldom laughed, I felt no joy and no smile on my face.

When I reflect back over the last three years, every month I noticed a new change within me. I was preparing for my new life. I was shedding the old skin and growing the new skin. What did not fit, it would be discarded and what did fit I would keep. Unconsciously, I was working on myself for my new role in my life, transforming myself into the new woman I wanted to present to the world.

For the first two years I was really out of it. It felt like I was bumping into walls all of the time, frozen in despair and fear. I felt numb and my brain did not function correctly. I was in la, la land.

I now have self confidence and self love. I am not walking on shaky ground. Yes, I have worked on myself reading books, being pro-active in groups and seeing a Counselor. I have made enemies along the way but I have also made wonderful ever lasting friendships. I was angry for a long time so many of my thoughts were negative, I couldn't stand myself. Letting go of that angrier had been a challenge and now I recognize it through negative thoughts and I analyze my thinking and poof my negative thoughts are gone.

I am now a self loving woman, and most of my fears have dissipated because they did not serve a purpose in my life and they were untrue. I am learning to be selfish and I have learned to speak up and say, "no thank you". Life is about me now and no one else. I answer to no one and no one has control over my thoughts, wants, my dreams, and my desires. I kicked grief to the curb when it no longer served me. Anxiety sometimes does get in the way but I give it no thought. Fear is no longer in the backseat, I found out it was a figment of my imagination and I am able to do anything I want free of fear and nothing bad will happen to me. One thing I have discovered in my life is that all human beings have the desire to be loved and accepted but first we must love ourselves and accept ourselves as the loving human beings we are.

What a journey I have been on over the last ten years. You know what? I wish I did not have to had gone through that but it has made me who I am today. I am strong, wise, self assured, loving, caring and kind. I am you!!!

Nameste,
Deb

Old 05-28-2015, 10:22 AM

Smile.....so looking forward to feeling like you do! Seems so far out of reach at this time. But you do give me hope! Thank you so very very much!

Old 05-29-2015, 09:16 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Ah, Deb, what a wonderful, hopeful post that was. Thank you for posting it. Even for an "old timer" (in grief), you made me smile and made my heart feel happy.

I wish you nothing but the best as you continue on your journey. (((hugs)))

Nameste.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:36 AM

Today I saw a yard sale sign on my way to the post office to mail my "1" package...not much but at least a little something. Anyhow I stopped by the yard sale instead of just coming home and found a few items of interest. I should mention the last few days have been pretty sad/dark days for me...just is..not sure why except that is what grief does. Anyhow as I was talking to the other people there I met a man who lost his with 2 years ago and would love to have someone just to out for dinner and company once in awhile. He goes to the local Methodist church and has for many years. He showed me a picture of his wife--he said she died in 2 hours from an aneurism. You can tell he still has so much love for her by how he talks and even with still having her picture with him. So I gave him my phone number and he gave me his. He is about the age of my DH. Not sure if this will lead to a new friend or not but that would be nice. We both agreed that what we want is company nothing more! God works is mysterious ways so I can only pray this is Gods work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.