Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 11:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,342,035 times

Advertisements

It's what keeps me sane Maila! Without being able to turn so much over to God I couldn't handle it all myself! And time and time again he has blessed me. Let God give you a hand Maila....he is just waiting!
Today I went to the unemployment office to pick up an application for an assistant librarian in our local town here. My girlfriend told me about it. Yes, I am terrified--I feel all of that self confidence I've been working on alluding me. It's just one more step. I will make it and go forward--I will. Whether I get the job or not it will be a move forward!

Old 05-14-2015, 01:20 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,233,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It's what keeps me sane Maila! Without being able to turn so much over to God I couldn't handle it all myself! And time and time again he has blessed me. Let God give you a hand Maila....he is just waiting!
Today I went to the unemployment office to pick up an application for an assistant librarian in our local town here. My girlfriend told me about it. Yes, I am terrified--I feel all of that self confidence I've been working on alluding me. It's just one more step. I will make it and go forward--I will. Whether I get the job or not it will be a move forward!
Good for you, cyn! Good luck.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:18 PM

458 posts, read 612,150 times
Cyn, allow me to say publicly...as a frequent lurker but one who has also "spoken" with you..... You are doing INCREDIBLY well! Reading your posts its apparent that it's going to take your looking back to see the awesomeness of Gods grace in carrying you, preserving you and comforting you, not to suggest that you do not already. However, I believe you will look back a couple years from now in awesome wonder as to how you made it! And I pray that reality fuels your faith day by day. I'm not confronting anything NEAR your situation but I am encouraged by your steps of growth! Which, I believe are really the steps of God carrying you! May your awesome friends come to know the love of God found in Christ Jesus!

Back to lurk status....

Last edited by Tell-the-Truth; 05-14-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-15-2015, 05:15 AM

Tell-the-Truth, Thank you!

Old 05-16-2015, 05:08 AM

I got a job! The small store in my tiny town that has a tiny cafe inside called me so I went in and talked to the owner. He hired me to run the cash register in the cafe side to start with. Then I may also do some cooking and serving but since there is only 4 small booths that hold a max of 4 people each it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult--but it has been many years since I've done anything like this. I guess once I get that down I can rotate to the store. Not sure yet what all is involved. I do know I have to be there at 6am. My DH and I use to eat there sometimes! It's only 2 1/2 miles from my house. The owner, my boss, lives right down the street from me! Ha! I am scared but once I get the hang of it I should be okay.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 05-16-2015 at 05:42 AM..

Old 05-16-2015, 05:51 AM

48,221 posts, read 22,041,009 times
Quote:
I got a job! The small store in my tiny town that has a tiny cafe inside called me so I went in and talked to the owner. He hired me to run the cash register in the cafe side to start with. Then I may also do some cooking and serving but since there is only 4 small booths that hold a max of 4 people each it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult--but it has been many years since I've done anything like this. I guess once I get that down I can rotate to the store. Not sure yet what all is involved. I do know I have to be there at 6am. My DH and I use to eat there sometimes! It's only 2 1/2 miles from my house. The owner, my boss, lives right down the street from me! Ha! I am scared but once I get the hang of it I should be okay.

It sounds perfect for your first job. Congratulations! I continue to be so proud of you. I am sure you will be nervous at first....but what a nice way to start reclaiming and defining a life for yourself. I am all happy!

Old 05-16-2015, 07:18 AM

Thanks elston.....yes I am nervous..been many years since I have had a job like this one but the owner is from my church and that is a good start!! I am worried about leaving my critters but they usually sleep most of the time anyhow. They will just have to adjust once again! At least I will be able to feed them and I will be home in the afternoons.....

Old 05-16-2015, 10:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,233,504 times
Congratulations, cyn! That sounds wonderful! God is good.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:58 AM

48,221 posts, read 22,041,009 times
Default Hi Ho; Hi Ho its off to work you go.

Quote:
Thanks elston.....yes I am nervous..been many years since I have had a job like this one but the owner is from my church and that is a good start!! I am worried about leaving my critters but they usually sleep most of the time anyhow. They will just have to adjust once again! At least I will be able to feed them and I will be home in the afternoons.....
I am sure that your critters will be fine......I think they enjoy some "alone time" at least I know my girls do.

Cyn this job sounds like an answer to a prayer.....I am so looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:42 PM

You always inspire me elston--you make me feel like everything is okay! And yes Tami--God is good! I am still scared but not sure of what?????? I just think it's one more step into that unknown.....not knowing who or what my life is and learning at my ripe old age! My goodness......guess it's time to grow up! Smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning