Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 02:06 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times

Advertisements

Gee, maila, it looks like I killed your thread in the Relationship forum! I didn't mean too! I wonder why no one has posted after me? Good advice maybe? Maybe because I went against what people were telling you about getting out? IDK. Sorry again.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:36 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
I agree elston--that is a long drive! I also am happy to see you back and hope your visit was wonderful!
Guess what?!?! My truck is gone! Yep, I was able to do an even trade for a 2016 Toyota Scion that has less mileage then my truck! It looks like a munchkins mini van! Ha! It's white and gets 35 miles to the gallon. My son has owed several and loves them and he drives thousands of miles all the time for his work. Will talk more about it later--I am bushed...tomorrow is my appointment with the psychiatrist that I am not really looking forward to but she may have some good things to say who knows. I'll try to stay positive! Smile. Have a blessed evening--my day has been blessed!
And Malia, we love you --stay strong! But as Jaxson said, crying does a lot of good too.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 AM

Oops--I meant a 2006--not even 2016 yet!

Old 05-07-2015, 05:57 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Gee, maila, it looks like I killed your thread in the Relationship forum! I didn't mean too! I wonder why no one has posted after me? Good advice maybe? Maybe because I went against what people were telling you about getting out? IDK. Sorry again.
Oh no Tamiz. You gave good advise. I just couldnt post anything yesterday and left from work half a day. So, I also could not respond.
I met my counselor yesterday and I talked about everything with her. I have made decision.

I am going to talk to him tomorrow. Long story short, if he agrees to work on this relationship, I want him to work 'with' me. Not just because of the kids, but because of the love which we once had. Work on rebuilding the trust and love, together.

If he doesnt want to do that, I will be contacting a lawyer and file for divorce. I did not want to do this, considering I am due in 3 months but I really cannot live with him anymore if he declares that he is living here ubnder the same roof only because of kids, he doesnt love me...puts all the blame on me etc.

I will update when I know more tomorrow. You didnt kill the thread; I just didnt know what to say my dear.

Morning Cyn and Friends.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:59 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
congratulations Cyn! Happy to hear about this update.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:57 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
LOL, I had to chuckle because even though I didn't catch that it wasn't even '16 yet, I wondered how could a car have such high mileage already? DUH! Congrats on the new to you vehicle. You'll be much happier with the gas savings. I got an even trade once too!

Maila, I didn't mean YOU not responding, I meant all the other people not having an opinion. That usually doesn't happen.

I still think having this talk with him is not a good idea. Especially being alone with him. You said someone could be around the block, be there in 2 minutes. 2 minutes is 2 minutes too long if he snaps. But you are going to do it no matter how much I council against it. You are young and are idealistic. I am old and have lived life and have much experience with this subject. He will say what you want to hear and then somewhere down the road revert back to his "normal". Good luck.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 05-07-2015 at 10:07 AM..

Old 05-07-2015, 11:52 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LOL, I had to chuckle because even though I didn't catch that it wasn't even '16 yet, I wondered how could a car have such high mileage already? DUH! Congrats on the new to you vehicle. You'll be much happier with the gas savings. I got an even trade once too!

Maila, I didn't mean YOU not responding, I meant all the other people not having an opinion. That usually doesn't happen.

I still think having this talk with him is not a good idea. Especially being alone with him. You said someone could be around the block, be there in 2 minutes. 2 minutes is 2 minutes too long if he snaps. But you are going to do it no matter how much I council against it. You are young and are idealistic. I am old and have lived life and have much experience with this subject. He will say what you want to hear and then somewhere down the road revert back to his "normal". Good luck.
Tamiznluv, you are very wise and offer good counsel.
Maila.....keeping you in my prayers. Be strong, be brave and protect yourself.

Cyn congratulations on your "new" car.....may it take you to some wonderful places as well as back and forth and round about.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:44 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
Cyn, glad about the new car!

Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM

Also saw the psychiatrist today and guess what?? She agreed with me on everything. SHe is going to halep me tqaper off these anxiety meds and even asked if I had has some kind of work with psychiatry...I laughed and told her it was my major in college 40 years ago and since I have had plenty of therapy and oh yes--good old Google. She smiled and sid I had a natural talent in the field! Made me feel good. We talked for over an hour! No anti depressants and she agreed it is grieving and I do need to go though it as long as I don't feel like killing myself! I told her I have to much to live for! So today was another good day---yes I still have those pangs of sadness...and I look out and miss my beautiful truck but hey--another step forward and I have a darling little white car now!

Old 05-07-2015, 02:56 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
enjoy your darling little white car.....it is vastly more practical for you now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.