Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2018, 06:19 AM

815 posts, read 981,748 times

Advertisements

Good morning. After a couple of weeks of above average temperatures, we are having cooler temps now.
Of course, this means 70's and 40's, which is still not too bad for early March. Our northern relatives are still getting snow

I really love living in Florida.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
I'd love those temps too but the summers? Guess there is not anyplace that is perfect all the time!

Old 03-02-2018, 05:11 PM

I love the summers. Most of the time we rarely use our central air conditioner, even when it is mid 90's. Living in the woods, we have a lot of trees around the house which keeps it cool. Sometime use the air conditioner at night to sleep if it's really humid.

I would not want to be doing roofing or heavy outdoor labor during the summer months, but otherwise, we are outside at all hours of the day, spending time with the dogs, working on the yard, etc.
North FL is different than south FL. I've lived in Ft Myers and Ft Lauderdale (and several other places in FL) and where I am now is definitely my favorite area

Old 03-03-2018, 01:53 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
It sounds lovely molly. I live in Ft Myers and I do like it here as well.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:21 AM

Sounds very nice!
Wow elston, you are up early today! The wind kept me awake most of the night here. Work was not very good...I did a lot of work but my tummy was not feeling very well. It does feel better this morning. I work again today to fill in for antoher girl as it is her grandfathers birthday!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 03-03-2018, 06:43 AM

It's good that you are getting some extra hours at work cyn. I know it's hard physically for you to work so much, but I remember you were stressed when your hours were cut, so an extra shift here and there can be a blessing.

Sorry your tummy is troubling you
Breezy here also (unusual for our area) and much cooler than the last couple of weeks. I am slowly working through my spring organizing. I literally have three "junk drawers" (catch-alls) and that is 2 too many......lol

My goal is to have a place for everything, and everything in its place! Not just thrown in some random drawer........

Old 03-03-2018, 08:34 AM

You are more then welcome to come and do my "Junk-rooms" Molly!

Old 03-04-2018, 03:15 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
cyn - how's the shoulder? Hope it's continuing to heal. We're now in Alamogordo, NM, you guys! I was killing myself in Washington state with that commute, all the nasty snow and ice, etc. I side-swiped a road marker (so lightly that no damage was done to my car, or me, or anybody else, thank goodness) once, and another time plowed into and out of a pile of snow on the side of the road because I was so tired.

My job in Wenatchee was tiring me out and my commute sucked, basically. Rents were too high (it's a Washington state thing) and they don't rent to people with animals, our lease was to go through mid-May of 2018 and then we'd be up against it to find housing that we could afford.

So, one day an e-mail dropped into my inbox from the same job recruiter I had last time that got me on here in Alamogordo at the hospital in Jan. of 2013.

"Could you ask them if they'd be interested in talking to me?", I asked him in the e-mail reply.

"Sure, I'll ask them about talking to you."

Well, he came back and said they're interested in chatting with me, I think having my Registry in my field really helped with that. They paid off our Washington state lease and will reimburse for travel expenses for us to get down here, and, my pay will be the most I've ever made.

What's more, real estate is not insanely-priced down here in the Land of Enchantment! Whoo-hoo! We ordered the appraisal on Friday and the seller is considering whether or not she wants to pay for a few inexpensive fixes on our house that our inspector pointed out to us we could use. We told our RE agent to ask the seller for those fixes, but, and it's a big 'ole but, we won't stop that train and we'll still go through with the closing of the house if she doesn't agree to the fixes. She's priced the 3BD, 1 3/4 BA house really fairly already and she knows it's a peppy market right now. My wife and I don't think she'll agree to have them done - we'll find out on Monday. We're hoping to close around March 21st on this pup!

My job is the same but different - a few people are still there from before. More scoring on the fly than I'm used to - I'll really have to cook when I'm "on" in this job three nights a week, but, at least two people have told me that the new to me Manager of the Sleep Lab is the "best Manager they've ever had in any job they've ever had." Wow - that should bode well for all of our futures there - there will be a lot of pressure, but, I've worked at Boeing Aircraft before and, man, that place was a cesspool of stress at certain times. And they laid people off like swatting flies, too.

So we're back in the desert southwest and digging the beautiful weather down here. We are agreeing that we need to hunt down a gorgeous photo of White Sands National Monument and frame it and hang it in our living room somewhere!

So, as you all should be able to tell, I have been super, super busy of late. I'm still getting driver licenses, car registrations, still need ta do our 2017 Fed. and State Income taxes, and provide the State of New Mexico Respiratory Board with more paperwork so they can grant me my NM RT license so I can treat patients here. I'm so busy I don't know if I'm coming or going!

But I'll tell you all this - Lord willing and the creek don't rise - we'll be here for a long, long time. We're buying this house to just settle us down, stay put and one day...retire.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:16 AM

Good to hear from you elko--was wondering where you were! Sorry about all the problems but happy you are safe and are in a better place now!
Still dealing with a pain in my lower tummy. I think it's a little better. Just being careful what I eat!
Work was really slow last night. They may be asking me to do some fill in work for busy days. That would be good as I can always use the money and it's only a few hours at a time. We'll see.....
Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

Old 03-04-2018, 05:56 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
cyn - I'm glad they're offering you some additional work - sounds like you're all right with the idea, good. I'm sorry about your tummy pain - I have had some nausea while working my job in Alamo, of course it's night shift work, which is really not good for a person's health. My stomach is feeling better, thankfully, we shopped at the newer Albertson's store last night and I got what was probably the best Cobb salad I've ever had before! I think my stomach was craving vegetables really badly.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning