Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 08:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,336,358 times

Advertisements

Elston and elko--how can I thank either of you enough for such wonderful encouragement. This is where I come for friends!!!!!

Old 06-06-2018, 03:26 AM

Today I have fasting lab work done--ugh, I hate not being able to have my coffee or even some juice in the morning. At least it isn't that often! I go in at 8am so it's not that bad. Tonight I start my pet sitting job! If I do get my work hours back next week I am just thankful this job is for my neighbors so that makes it simple!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Boy I just don't feel good today...stress maybe? I know I have a wicked headache but am afraid to take anything since the bloody nose episode since it seems everything thins the blood. I think it was the lack of my morning coffee that brought on the headache to begin with.
I just called work and asked the manager if the new schedule for next week will give me back my hours and she said she did not yet because this girl is still in training so I have no idea when my schedule will if it will ever go back to normal. Makes for an unnerving feeling.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:42 PM

32,963 posts, read 36,449,858 times
What's up with the weather... or anything? I've felt terrible for the past few days. I understand that my right shoulder will hurt when a storm is moving through, but feel a bit worried when the old, broken nose starts to ache. I've been so tired that I can barely stay awake.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:22 AM

You sound like me Gerania! Maybe it is the weather or anything!! I've felt terrible the last few days too. I just figured for me it was my lack of hours at work and the hot, muggy weather.
I had a trail of black ants going to my cat food dishes yesterday afternoon so I spent my afternoon cleaning and putting down poison outside and DE inside. I just hate ants but it is that time of year.
Today I work. We'll see how that goes.
Hope everyone feels better and has a blessed day!

Old 06-07-2018, 04:15 AM

I'm a little sad this morning feeling like I have taken a step backwards. The last week I have been going to bed around 6pm and my reasons are I use to do this when my DH first passed and evenings were a very lonely depressing time so I would go to bed. Then I ended up with my dogs being inside so they needed a night walk which kept me up until 8-9pm and then I'd go to bed. Since their passing evenings are once again not a great time for me. Not much on tv and since I wake up at 4am I'm tired by 6pm again. I know if and when I get back to work that will help since I work nights but still on my days off I go to bed early. I guess it's not a bad thing because I do get sleep and rest but I don't like feeling like it is an escape. Not sure what to think!

Old 06-07-2018, 06:28 AM

50,400 posts, read 64,119,967 times
I don’t think going to bed at 6 pm is a healthy habit, Cyn. You need to stop that. No wonder you wake up too early.

Maybe you could use that evening time to read, or work on a project (I knit) or have computer time. If you had a DVR, you could watch only shows you like, without commercials. I know that costs money, though.

Maybe you could buy Netflix for $10 a month, so you would have some interesting TV. I can’t stand regular tv anymore.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:25 AM

48,193 posts, read 22,033,450 times
all good ideas gentlearts.....but I wouldnt worry too much about the early to bed....except now it is staying light longer....perhaps cyn will find more to do during daylight hours. Reading or handwork of some type .... or coloring I can spend hours doing puzzles or reading.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:23 PM

I know I need to make myself stay up later. I guess I so miss walking my dogs and 7:30pm reminds me of our time for walks. I need to put this behind me and enjoy the memories. It's so hard!
Hobbies are limited because of my arm and both my hands are starting to have arthritis more..probably the damp weather. But there are things I could do.....I love reading but have a serious issue with my right eye and my insurance doesn't cover that. I'm doing good to read on the computer! I know it sounds like a lot of excuses but all true. I will figure out something to keep me busy.....although by getting up so early that does make me tired very early too. I do accomplish a lot in the early mornings. Always been a morning person!!
I did get back another day at work on Sunday night--yes!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 06-07-2018 at 02:21 PM..

Old 06-07-2018, 04:27 PM

48,193 posts, read 22,033,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I know I need to make myself stay up later. I guess I so miss walking my dogs and 7:30pm reminds me of our time for walks. I need to put this behind me and enjoy the memories. It's so hard!
Hobbies are limited because of my arm and both my hands are starting to have arthritis more..probably the damp weather. But there are things I could do.....I love reading but have a serious issue with my right eye and my insurance doesn't cover that. I'm doing good to read on the computer! I know it sounds like a lot of excuses but all true. I will figure out something to keep me busy.....although by getting up so early that does make me tired very early too. I do accomplish a lot in the early mornings. Always been a morning person!!
I did get back another day at work on Sunday night--yes!
Thank You for ending on a positive cyn......it helps me to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.