Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 08:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,343,425 times

Advertisements

I get that elston....seems to all come at once. I also have been struggling with the same kind of issues--I guess that is life? It does get old and I for one am ready for some good, happy times ahead! You stay safe with the storm!!

Old 05-27-2018, 04:09 AM

Pet sitting this morning and hopefully I get done in time to get to church and then I go to work tonight.
I just pray I can get back some enthusiasm and accept my losses. It's very difficult this time---I suppose it's adding more grief to what I was already dealing with. I just need to give it time. It seems I just start feeling better and something else happens. I guess that is life.....

Old 05-27-2018, 07:06 AM

48,229 posts, read 22,042,601 times
Good Morning.

Yesterday just wasnt my day. When I took my glasses off to put them on the bedside table last night, the frame came apart and a lense fell out. "The proverbial last straw"

Old 05-27-2018, 10:17 AM

I'm right there with you elston---must be in the air. You know all those antibiotics I had to take in one large amount for my dental work because of my arm surgery? Well now I have been blessed with a yeast infection with even have a small mark on my lip! I've been putting coconut oil on it and it seems to be going now. Oh joy! My air conditioner in my den keeps coming on even when it's at the set temperature. I may have to get that looked at when I can afford it. I just turned it up a notch for now cause my animals need some cool air and I leave a couple of fans running. It's set at 78 so that should be okay. I did my pet sitting job and that one is a job for sure. But I did get it done! Missed church but I'm sure God will understand this time!
I'm sorry for your problems elston--one after another--some days just are not good! I pray today is a good day for us all!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 05-27-2018 at 11:46 AM..

Old 05-27-2018, 02:12 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,384,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
My manager was out sick so I worked with the girl I am use to--that was a relief honestly. My hours are about the same amount but all in 3 days but was told these will change since we are hiring another key holder. Sure hope I keep the same amount of hours. I am so tired---got off after 9pm and it was 9:40pm by the time I got home. When I turned on my bedroom lights my bed was covered in these tiny flying black ants. I sprayed bug spray around the windows in the morning and guess it moved them in--ugh. Was up until nearly midnight getting those cleaned up and gone! Was awake at 4am. I am tired. Today will be a through cleaning in this house. I work again on Friday and that will probably be with the new manager. Lots of new rules and things that need to be done daily so it is a whole new learning experience! Guess I need to buy some more home defense and spray around the outside and inside of the house. I have to be very careful inside cause of the cats but I've done it every year so I guess all will be fine if I am careful. I try to keep the spray under the carpet so nothing touches it!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Are you sure they're ants and not a termite swarm? Flying termites closely resemble winged ants. Flying termites are visible when their colony swarms. Swarms are provoked by heavy rainfall and warm, humid temperatures among other triggers. Swarms occur when established colonies produce winged male and female termites in order to reproduce. After these mating flights, fertilized termites shed their wings and go on to establish new colonies. Termites seen flying in a home are indicative of a mature colony.

Here's how to tell the difference if you still have a carcass around to look at:

Old 05-28-2018, 04:28 AM

Thank you information janellen. I've been through the termite swarm a few years ago and these are ants. They are black and smaller then termites. They are gone for now it seems since I sprayed around the house. I hate using poison but bugs are not my favorite either!
Looks like stormy weather headed you direction elston--stay safe! It's still raining here--think I'mm growing gills!
Work was okay--just slow so the time went slow. They asked if I could work today but the girls regularly scheduled decided she could get to work so I guess I don't have to go in today. I am getting ready to go and care for my pet sitting job critters this morning. I'm trying to go between rain storms!!
Hope everyone enjoys their day today!

Old 05-28-2018, 01:16 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,384,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you information janellen. I've been through the termite swarm a few years ago and these are ants. They are black and smaller then termites. They are gone for now it seems since I sprayed around the house. I hate using poison but bugs are not my favorite either!
Looks like stormy weather headed you direction elston--stay safe! It's still raining here--think I'mm growing gills!
Work was okay--just slow so the time went slow. They asked if I could work today but the girls regularly scheduled decided she could get to work so I guess I don't have to go in today. I am getting ready to go and care for my pet sitting job critters this morning. I'm trying to go between rain storms!!
Hope everyone enjoys their day today!

Whew! Glad to hear they're ants. You've had enough on your plate without having to worry about termites.

Could you please send some of that rain our way? Our drought is soooo severe. We've had over 800 wells go dry and a lot of people are now having to have their water hauled in. Half of the trees in Sequoia National Forest are dead or dying. The giant redwoods are under stress but they'll be ok. They've probably handled worse in their long lifetime.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:25 AM

I am so sorry to hear about the people having to have their water hauled in and the trees suffering. I wish I could send some of this rain to you! I'd sure enjoy some blue skies! Hope you get some of that much needed rain soon.
Haven't heard from elston in a couple of days....hope they are doing okay!

Old 05-29-2018, 03:39 AM

48,229 posts, read 22,042,601 times
Good Morning. Cyn .... not to worry about us. My DH hasn't been feeling well...lots of general complaints....nothing that I can figure out thru googling. He doesn't have a doctor (we need to attend to that....he hasn't wanted to and hasn't had a regular doctor since I have known him) We are planning to go to the ER this morning and also to call for him to get an appointment with a physician for his primary care. It can take a long time to get an initial appointment.

But we will take care of this....he always tells me that he will take care of it....but he doesnt. Last night he said I could make him an appointment.....and I will.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:03 AM

I can understand where he is coming from. I am not fond of going to the doctors either. But when the time comes to get things checked out it has to be done. Often our minds can make things worse then they really are---I hope this is true with your partner. Keeping you both in my prayers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning