Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 06:24 AM

48,325 posts, read 22,084,425 times

Advertisements

Good Morning. We have ant problems too at my house.

In the category of unwelcomed critters.....my son was out in his backyard and a young pig came out from behind his shed. (They have a nice big and partially wooded yard in a country setting....but they don't have livestock nor do any of their neighbors. It is a nice suburban residential neighborhood that borders a salt marsh....he thought it was a feral pig and that she might have been pregnant. He sent me a picture.....and she is a small black pig about the size of a very fat dog (not quite knee high). I asked what they were going to do.....no need she just trotted off. I hope she doesn't decide to have her babies behind their shed.

It is spring and the season for life to come out and for births.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,380,268 times
I went to take out my trash and was greeted by what I believe was a rat snake. A good size too. If it is a rat snake like I believe that is good as it will kill bad snakes and rats. Snakes are very bad here this year and without having as many cats and down to one I hope he can keep some away and stay safe himself. Have heard several reports of Copperhead bites--ugh!
My new manager called me yesterday and wanted me to come in to work today but I have a dentist appointment so I told her sorry but I couldn't. My appointment time is 1:45pm so by the time I'd get out it would be pretty late. I felt badly but I've had this appointment for months and have to go. I am also going this morning for instructions on a pet care job for my girlfriend who is a groomer at our store. It will be a 3 day job. The 1st of June I have a 10 day pet sitting job for my neighbor. Just hope those pet sitting jobs keep coming! It really helps.
Saw my therapist yesterday and she always makes me feel better! She said I have a lot of strengths and feels God is playing a big role in that which I agree! I do have to learn to accept certain situations and just deal with them. That is hard for me. But I will try.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 AM

Cyn......I am ever proud of you.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:18 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Sound like your therapist is giving you good advice, cyn. Good deal!

Old 05-25-2018, 04:02 AM

Work tonight. I pray I can get all of this new paper work figured out. I'm not very good with change. I'm sure I will but not sure how patient this new manager is. We'll see.
Lots to do today...hope you all have a blessed day!

Old 05-25-2018, 07:20 AM

817 posts, read 990,987 times
Of course you will be able to get the new paperwork figured out. It is in the best interest of the new manager to have good, loyal dependable employees such as yourself, so I am sure she will give you time to learn the new routine.
Try not to stress yourself out
Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Of course you will be able to get the new paperwork figured out. It is in the best interest of the new manager to have good, loyal dependable employees such as yourself, so I am sure she will give you time to learn the new routine.
Try not to stress yourself out
Hope everyone has a great day.
molly.....you always know the right thing to say!

Old 05-25-2018, 01:45 PM

Elston you and Molly both say the nicest things! I am blessed.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:58 AM

Last night went well at work. I thought I was anxious--well this girl has me beat---but she has a lot on her plate right now. Not only work but in her personal life. To bad because she is a nice person! She has even given me another day for 4 hours when the big load comes in and she wants me to just run the register. That will work out fine!
Today I start up with a 3 day pet sitting job! Just once a day so that is good since gas has gotten so expensive now and it is a bit of a drive to the job. Well, just about everything is a bit of a drive from where I live! Ha!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 05-26-2018, 05:32 AM

Good Morning All.
cyn....glad to hear that work went well and that the new supervisor seems nice and your hours are working out
My day got off to a rocky start. Last night we had a storm and my power went out. Everything came back without much delay EXCEPT the electric stove.....I will have to try to find a repair man today. Then on top of that....I was washing the Mr Coffee pot and basket. The basket came apart and while trying to fix it.....I dropped the pot and of course it shattered! I made coffee .... ingenuity, but need a new coffee maker today.

The storm is headed our way.....at least the rain, not the tropical storm part of the forecast.

Trying to keep my cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning