Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 01:52 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times

Advertisements

A rattling on the left side. Kinds scary in good weather!

Old 12-04-2018, 02:44 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,515,554 times
A rattling on the left side. Kinds scary in good weather!

Humm...sounds like it might be the suspension. Have someone look at it, however, it should be all right to drive on the ice and snow with it. It won't make it any worse, that is, but have someone look at it. Preferably, someone who won't charge you to look at it!

Old 12-05-2018, 01:30 PM

48,183 posts, read 22,030,335 times
This is a good news report. I started my little garden in the community garden that I used to plant in before my knee got so bad. Monday I went over to \"look around" and realized that I could take on a small raised bed..(4x4). So I got in touch with the man who oversees the gardens and rented a small demonstration plot...right near the handicap parking lot. Yesterday I bought some seedlings at Home Depot and today I planted 6 Napa cabbage, a patio eggplant, a red and a green bell pepper, a sweet basil plant and some flat leaf Italian parsley. I was surprised but I still have quite a bit of room.....so tomorrow I will get a few more plants.

I can't express how much this means to me....I realize that for the past year....I have been pretty depressed...and it seems to be lifting now. The surgery improved function and I am not in constant pain....also after reviewing some lab work...the physicians assistant started me on a mega dose of vitamin D3.....and within days I could feel the depression lift.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:01 PM

14,968 posts, read 12,185,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, cyn. Rain is better than snow, so if you can do it, best to attend to your car. It won't fix itself. Ha, wouldn't that be nice?! Hope today is better than yesterday for you.

I may have missed my pulmonary doctor's office calling with the report of my CAT scan results and I haven't bothered to call. I will get it when I either go to him or my Primary in February. Lol, I can procrastinate good!
I would think they'd probably try calling you again, or perhaps send you a letter if the CT scan news is not good, they'd really want to notify you of that, especially if it changes your treatment options.

So maybe if they don't call you again, and you get no other notifications, its "no news is good news"? Let's hope maybe so.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
This is a good news report. I started my little garden in the community garden that I used to plant in before my knee got so bad. Monday I went over to \"look around" and realized that I could take on a small raised bed..(4x4). So I got in touch with the man who oversees the gardens and rented a small demonstration plot...right near the handicap parking lot. Yesterday I bought some seedlings at Home Depot and today I planted 6 Napa cabbage, a patio eggplant, a red and a green bell pepper, a sweet basil plant and some flat leaf Italian parsley. I was surprised but I still have quite a bit of room.....so tomorrow I will get a few more plants.

I can't express how much this means to me....I realize that for the past year....I have been pretty depressed...and it seems to be lifting now. The surgery improved function and I am not in constant pain....also after reviewing some lab work...the physicians assistant started me on a mega dose of vitamin D3.....and within days I could feel the depression lift.
I can imagine being in chronic pain and loss of function over quite a long time can do a number on one's emotional status, so no surprise you were likely depressed, and didn't realize it, or what might be at least one reason for it.

Glad to hear your knee healing is progressing so well, and the Vitamin D3 will also help your mood. Still amazes me how we could live in sunny SW Florida where the sun is so intense most of the time we get suntan (freckles in my case) sleeve, collar, sandal lines just from going from the house to the car, or getting the mail. But my primary doc also recommended I take Vitamin D3, as labs showed my levels were low too. We concluded it must be the recommended coverups, sunscreen we use to protect our skin from burning or skin cancer. Darned if you do, darned if you don't. So we coverup and take our sunshine in a capsule!

Best of luck with your garden. Hope the weather, soil, pest control and other variables combine to bring you a fruitful harvest.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Look like God has blessed us here in the Carolinas--more warm weather! I would never care to repeat yesterday--not big on lab work at the doctors! I tried to do to many important things and it did not end out well. Suppose to get my car worked on Saturday but now i's suppose to rain. Oh well, I may just take a chance with the rain! Need to get my car fixed.
Please have a blessed day one and all..
For sure blood draws are no fun-especially if they're frequent. Problem is they need those results to make sure you're doing ok, and responding to the treatment. What I try to do after blood draws or IVs is to put as much pressure as possible on the needle site to minimize bleeding and bruising. I figure this might help prevent "blowing" those veins, or callus formation so they're hard to use the next time.

Hopefully the rain you get won't be a gully washer, so you can get your car out to be checked out. And I hope it isn't serious. Or expensive.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I can imagine being in chronic pain and loss of function over quite a long time can do a number on one's emotional status, so no surprise you were likely depressed, and didn't realize it, or what might be at least one reason for it.

Glad to hear your knee healing is progressing so well, and the Vitamin D3 will also help your mood. Still amazes me how we could live in sunny SW Florida where the sun is so intense most of the time we get suntan (freckles in my case) sleeve, collar, sandal lines just from going from the house to the car, or getting the mail. But my primary doc also recommended I take Vitamin D3, as labs showed my levels were low too. We concluded it must be the recommended coverups, sunscreen we use to protect our skin from burning or skin cancer. Darned if you do, darned if you don't. So we coverup and take our sunshine in a capsule!

Best of luck with your garden. Hope the weather, soil, pest control and other variables combine to bring you a fruitful harvest.

Thank You so much for your comments and interest. Yes it is crazy I spend very little time out in the sun...I am afraid of cancer.....I had much too much exposure as a child....bad burns...and the sun now can activate dormant cancer cells......I keep covered or under shelter from the sun.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,515,554 times
Good news about the depression lifting, elston. Kudos to your PA for figuring out the Vitamin D3 deficiency.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Good news about the depression lifting, elston. Kudos to your PA for figuring out the Vitamin D3 deficiency.
Thanks elko.....I was surprised at the high dose he put me on...but when I read about vitamin D....a mega dose is often recommended for depression. I hadnt said I was depressed....I knew something was radically wrong with my mood...but didnt want to say I was depressed...BUT I was. I am feeling so relieved.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
Wonderful elston--stay on thst fast train Buddy! Hope everyone has a very blessed day. Love you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.