Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 06:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,395,084 times

Advertisements

Water under the bridge---Love you all!

Old 03-11-2018, 07:20 AM

48,395 posts, read 22,101,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Water under the bridge---Love you all!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKJuDxYr3I

Old 03-11-2018, 08:03 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,576,321 times
cyn - I love how you posted that - love you all. What you said reminds me of the 60's hippy movement - I think a lot of the hippies in the 60's and 70's had a lot to say - the Vietnam War was so difficult on the nation and they wanted peace. Peace is so much better than the alternative, right?

It's on to doing our taxes - I'm gonna choose today to do them because I have the day off and they're due April 15th, 2018, and we need to know what we'll get back and what we'll owe. We're looking for a house and need to know how much to bring to closing, etc. We haven't got the flood elevation and report back yet - the seller has to pay for that - once we see that (hopefully on Monday or Tuesday) we'll be able to decipher whether or not we'll want to continue pursuing that house we've put an offer in on.

I would like to think we'll keep moving forward with it - we love the house - it's really cute inside the house and outside in the front and back yards - but we're concerned about the amount of flood insurance and, of course, a catastrophic flood. Alamogordo sits right up to the edge of the Sacramento Mountains(the southern-most Rocky Mountain range), so waters can rush down the mountain into the city. The monsoon season in the summer would be a concern. But, again, we live here knowing floods could happen, but, we're wondering why our RE agent didn't tell us ahead of time that the house is in a flood zone. FEMA wants to recoup monies they've had to pay out throughout the years, so they hike up the flood insurance on homes to do that - or that's what we've been told.

We have to pay a bit to get in to this house, indeed. But it's an investment in our future and you all know how we've moved around. We like southern New Mexico and know it's pros and cons already and this is where we're happy. So I'll let all of you all know what we do - there's other houses in Alamo, of course, and we're starting to look online to see the latest offerings. If we need to we'll get another RE agent and offer on another one. The earnest money we'll get back but we'll lose the money we paid for the home inspection and the appraisal fee and the radon test - and folks, they total just over $1,000! Onward and upward we go, eh?

Enjoy your Sundays, all!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:55 AM

Sorry elston--I don't have sound so I could not hear the you-tube!

Old 03-11-2018, 09:12 AM

13,432 posts, read 28,850,456 times
I just passed the one year mark since my husband passed. It's been a confusing year but starting to emerge from the fog.

Sadly my one friend just lost his son, in his early thirties from heroin, this is the fifth young person I know in the last two years that have died from this. I have no words

Old 03-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Honestly njkate--there really are no words for something like that. How sad. I have no idea how or why there is still any access to heroin...or why so many young people turn to using it! Breaks my heart!
As for you it is good to hear you are starting to emerge from your fog. It's been 3 years for me going on 4 years and I still have some very difficult days but they have gotten fewer and less difficult. I will never be the same but different may be okay. I miss my self confidence. I have had to work very had to live and not just exist. I'm still not entirely there! I am blessed to have what I do have and I so often forget that. I feel like I am rebuilding my entire self and maybe I am. But we just have to do our best each and every day! I am so happy to hear you are moving forward my friend. Please keep in touch! Hearing how others are progressing helps us all!

Old 03-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Not sure how I made a double post so I had to delete one..sorry!

Old 03-11-2018, 11:40 AM

48,395 posts, read 22,101,371 times
Quote:
Sorry elston--I don't have sound so I could not hear the you-tube!
It was Simon and Garfunkle's "Bridge Over Trouble Water"

Old 03-11-2018, 01:47 PM

Love that song!

Old 03-11-2018, 02:13 PM

13,432 posts, read 28,850,456 times
Quote:
Honestly njkate--there really are no words for something like that. How sad. I have no idea how or why there is still any access to heroin...or why so many young people turn to using it! Breaks my heart!
As for you it is good to hear you are starting to emerge from your fog. It's been 3 years for me going on 4 years and I still have some very difficult days but they have gotten fewer and less difficult. I will never be the same but different may be okay. I miss my self confidence. I have had to work very had to live and not just exist. I'm still not entirely there! I am blessed to have what I do have and I so often forget that. I feel like I am rebuilding my entire self and maybe I am. But we just have to do our best each and every day! I am so happy to hear you are moving forward my friend. Please keep in touch! Hearing how others are progressing helps us all!
Thanks Cyn!! No it will never ever be the same but we have to go on as best as we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning