Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 05:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

I know elston....but for the sake of the dog she is better off here. At least here she will have more attention and she, her name is Bella and BuBu will have each other. But I know--I feel like you do.... And I am sure he will pay for any expenses. We all know God works in strange ways. Bella is old for a Basset Hound so I don't see her living for a long time but what she has left will be good!

Old 06-30-2015, 08:57 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I know elston....but for the sake of the dog she is better off here. At least here she will have more attention and she, her name is Bella and BuBu will have each other. But I know--I feel like you do.... And I am sure he will pay for any expenses. We all know God works in strange ways. Bella is old for a Basset Hound so I don't see her living for a long time but what she has left will be good!
For Bella's sake....I am glad that she is with you......she deserves better than she has had. (She is not the only one who deserves better.) Some people just dont seem to have the capacity to appreciate and care for others.....Grrrrr.

Bassett Hounds are heavy dogs.....don't hurt yourself trying to lift her for bathing etc. Did you get her vet records from your son? Had she had heart worm tests and prevention ....those meds are expensive too. Did he bring any medications for her?

Like I say I am glad for Bella......that is the only good to come of it. Maybe you could suggest to your son that he bring the grandchildren to visit her on a regular basis; that would be another good thing to come of it.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 PM

Bella was just recently checked out by a vet and they said she is doing well--she is 13 years old bless her heart. She is a much smaller Basset then my BuBU but that is probably because she is a female. Tomorrow I have to figure out how to take them both for a walk together. I think it will be fine. I just don't think it's fair for BuBu to change his normal routine. I need the walk too so it may give Bella a little time to get to know us better. It will work--yes I am disappointed in my son but I have a feeling his wife was a big part of the situation. She has asked me several times if I would take Bella. Well now Bell is at home where she will be loved a part of the--her family. Even BuBu's cat likes her! Smile. It does me no good to stay upset with my son....his father raised him basically so he has a very good side but is sometimes not very considerate.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:06 PM

Cyn.......you are the mother.....and your loving heart is obvious.....and that is good! May Bella be a blessing to your home and may your home be a blessing for her. (I will try not to be so obviously disgruntled......I promise.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
One more pet. Your heart is really big Cyn. That's all I can say. Hope it brings you and Bella happiness. Maybe she was destined to be with you. 13 years...and they leave her now? Anyway.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
One more pet. Your heart is really big Cyn. That's all I can say. Hope it brings you and Bella happiness. Maybe she was destined to be with you. 13 years...and they leave her now? Anyway.
My American Eskimo, Mickey, was sent to the MSPCA when they got a younger husky, Maila. People never cease to amaze me, especially when it comes to animals. Their trash, Mickey, was the best dog my hubby and I ever had. He was so loved by us. He died of a stroke one year and one month to the day after Daddy did. I hope Mick went to play with Daddy.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 AM

I agree tami....seems so many, to many people think of animals as "disposable"..it is a disposable world after all.
No problem elston--you are just showing me your concern--like a friend would do. I do agree with you. I was pretty upset that they could leave this sweet Bella after having her as a part of their family for that many years. That is sad. But no one can ever tell me God doesn't care about the animals as well as the people in this world. He knows everything that is going to happen before we do so this is another part of his plan.
Bella has calmed down a lot now. BuBu refused his dinner last night. He is jealous. After all he was the only dog! I know there will have to be some adjustments for him but the good thing is a little later I took them both for a walk and when we got back they actually played together. YES! And they both slept in the dog condo. Not sure if little boy kitty was with them but he has no problem being around both dogs so that is a relief too. Yes it is a lot more work...poo pick up, changing the water more often and just the worry but it will become just one more routine except I will not worry as much now that I see them interacting!
Tami, I just have to believe your Mickey is with her daddy. I plan on seeing all of my critters again someday.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I agree tami....seems so many, to many people think of animals as "disposable"..it is a disposable world after all.
No problem elston--you are just showing me your concern--like a friend would do. I do agree with you. I was pretty upset that they could leave this sweet Bella after having her as a part of their family for that many years. That is sad. But no one can ever tell me God doesn't care about the animals as well as the people in this world. He knows everything that is going to happen before we do so this is another part of his plan.
Bella has calmed down a lot now. BuBu refused his dinner last night. He is jealous. After all he was the only dog! I know there will have to be some adjustments for him but the good thing is a little later I took them both for a walk and when we got back they actually played together. YES! And they both slept in the dog condo. Not sure if little boy kitty was with them but he has no problem being around both dogs so that is a relief too. Yes it is a lot more work...poo pick up, changing the water more often and just the worry but it will become just one more routine except I will not worry as much now that I see them interacting!
Tami, I just have to believe your Mickey is with her daddy. I plan on seeing all of my critters again someday.
Cyn......you are the personification of "Amazing Grace"............Bella is home!

Speaking of people thinking of pets as disposable..............my son and his significant other.........adopted a rat terrier from the Humane
Society. She had lived with a woman who sold off her puppies as soon as she could have them and bred and bred and bred her for the income.
When the vet told her that she couldn't have any more......she dropped her off at the humane society..She is a wonderful dog and very loving! Dogs are so forgiving.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:39 AM

That happens a lot in this area too elston. It is beyond belief and so sad. It is so hard for me to turn a blind eye knowing what they do. I keep reminding myself I cannot save the world...but oh I sure would love to help a bit more. First I have to care for all I have here...oh to win the lottery! Ha! Guess I need to play it first!
And thank you for such a lovely complement! You are such a dear friend!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Yes, you need to play before you can win but I used to play, a lot, and still didn't win anything! If I had the money I spent.....

If I played and if I won, I'd buy lots of acreage and have a place with heat, a/c and lots of food for cats and dogs. I'd take in birds too.

I'm so glad to hear BuBu is accepting Bella and so is his kitty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.