Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 04:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Thank you elston and cinder. I do try to let people that say things like that pass but I'll admit it still hurts. And I agree, this person most likely has not had a loss the same as I have. Each loss and each person is different. But they are allowed their opinion even if we don't agree. Yes, I am making slow progress but at least it is progress. I'd love nothing more then to say the grief is done now and get on with life but for me it comes and goes. I have attended 2 different complete grief groups--one with my church and one through Hospice and found I am pretty "normal" with others in there. I think this thread lets those who can't get out to grief groups or choose not to go see that they too are really just normal...and that has got to give them some relief. Life is about not only helping yourself but others in need! When my therapist suggested I continue on with this thread as my way to communicate with others in my situation I have to believe she knows what is best for me and hopefully others in a similar situation .

Old 08-31-2015, 03:44 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
I've had so many losses Cyn, I sometimes wonder how Ive coped.

But you do - even utter devastation cannot last forever.

Look at New Orleans - utter ripped apart by forces of nature. The rebuild is far slower than some would like...but there are NO SHORTCUTS.

Im so glad you've found an IRL group to help you through as well as a decent therapist and coming on here.

If you stand back and look around, you'll see the rebuild has already started!

Read back over how far you've come my dear. You will be as impressed as the rest of us with your braveness.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:21 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You need to report reps like that. Its cowardly and mean and also, utterly incorrect.

Anyone who thinks theres a time limit on grief has never lost anyone they loved.
Agree that was very cowardly to say then not sign their name and there is absolutely no time limit on grief.
~~~~So lurker being brave & accountable is owning what comes out of your mouth and actions from your own body!~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Look at New Orleans - utter ripped apart by forces of nature. The rebuild is far slower than some would like...but there are NO SHORTCUTS.
^^lurker are you seeing the correlation of rebuilding?

cyn you are doing amazingly from where you started even before DH passed away or got sick look at how much stronger you are getting. Week 5 or 6 on a surgery recovery being bedbound I thought for sure I was going to go crazy laying looking up at my ceiling. Now 4 months later last week I'm up taking baby steps doing very well, I thought the pain was so unbearable but it faded in degrees. Same thing with your grief it has faded, not gone away, making it easier for you to face tomorrow today girlie.

Howdy & waving to everybody else.

Last edited by Jaxson; 09-01-2015 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: used wrong their/there

Old 09-01-2015, 09:11 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
[

Howdy & waving to everybody else.

Howdy Jaxson............it always makes me smile to see that you have posted.

Step by Step seems to be the theme......glad you are doing better.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:49 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Howdy Jaxson............it always makes me smile to see that you have posted.

Step by Step seems to be the theme......glad you are doing better.
Indeed the worship song, cyn journey and my progress great theme.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:34 PM

Yes, Jaxson always brings a smile to my face. Love ya girl! I am so sorry you have been in so much pain but happy to hear it is getting better. And we are a work in progress!!!!!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:33 PM

218 posts, read 207,669 times
Gee, just too a peek in and see I haven't been getting notice of activity on this thread.

We discussed the benefits for bereavement offered by some blogs, I mentioned this one but didn't have the url in mind. I said I'd send the link to the group, 12 people total.

Loneliness is a key subject in the bereavement group.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:42 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
Hi Cyn!

Sorry you got that silly rep - we are all different, so why judge? Anyway, it's not wallowing, it's just grieving.

The sweetpea started school yesterday, she is super happy

Hoping today will be a nice day for you.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:05 AM

How exciting for sweetpea--starting school. I'll bet she is on cloud nine! Good to hear from you!
Jerry everyone and anyone is welcome to come visit and post here....we do need to talk about what we feel and are going through. Loneliness is most definitely a major part of grief. I know it is for me. Coming here is one of the few places I can express what I am feeling and hopefully encourage others in similar situations. We need that!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Hi Cyn!

The sweetpea started school yesterday, she is super happy
How wonderful for her.....and also for you. It will allow you some "me" time....altho you will still be very busy with the chauffeuring schedule. This will be such a social maturation experience for Miranda...just being one of the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning